➳ chapter one

+ Harry's Point of View

It was eighth period. The last period of the day.

Subject: Earth Science

Thirty minutes has passed and Ms. Geist has been rambling about the air pollution in the environment.

Though, us students tend to not listen and just chew gum loudly or look out the window or something.

Zayn though was just drawing a figure, person I think, and had his tongue out on the side. He was more focus on his drawing than Ms. Geist's lesson.

I sighed, maybe to loud because Zayn turns his head to the side and glanced at me.

I swallowed thickly. I eyed him with fear because what if he beats me for looking at him? Except, I was wrong. He did something that made me melt, something I never thought in a million years he would do. He bites his bottom lip as he eyed my lips.

I could feel my cheeks start to burn up and my tummy was filled with butterflies. I felt very vulnerable to obtain myself, how can one guy be so beautiful?

He kept a penetrating gaze , I couldn't do anything. I didn't want this to awkward enough so I decided to try to ask him what he was drawing.

But as a result, his friend Liam tapped him on the shoulder and then eyed me.

"Yeah Liam?" Zayn whispered.

Liam passed him a crumbly note and mouthed 'pass it to him' , He then points at me which made me cock an eyebrow.

Zayn takes the paper from his hold and unfolds it. He gazed at it as his eyes grew wide. His face expression was stern, and then he seemed a bit irritated. Something must've crossed his mind.

He roles his eyes and cocked his head to side where I was.

I turned quickly to not look like I was looking and pursed my lips.

He tapped my shoulder lightly before he whispered "hey you" since I didn't respond quickly.

I look to side and looked up at him.

"Yes?" I said.

He hitched a breath. "It's from Liam." He passed me the crumbly note before getting back to his drawing.

I glanced at him once more, only for second before turning back.

I gulp as I eyed the piece of paper.

I unfold the note which revealed a question in blue marker.

Hey Harry,

I was wondering if you had someone to go with to the school dance this Friday. If you don't have one, I was also wondering if you did me the favor and ...
Go with me?

you don't have to if you don't want to, just circle A B or C , thank you.

A: YES

B: NO

C: SORRY, I HAVE A DATE ALREADY

I cocked my head slowly to the side and glared at Liam who was intrigued at what I was going to respond. 'so???' He mouthed.

Is he really serious?

"Are you really serious?" I whispered.

"Yes!" He hissed from afar.

I turn back and cringed. Is this a joke?

Whatever, I don't have anyone to go with anyway.

I got my pink highlighter out of my desk and opened the cap with my teeth. Out of risk, I circled A as a result.

I cocked my head to side and glance at zayn, "Hey Zayn?" I tapped his shoulder lightly.

He kept drawing and didn't respond, he snatched the paper out of my hold without looking at me. I flinched at how fast he snatched it but I managed to just forget it.

I guess he still might be irritated for some reason.
____

         + Third Person Point of View

The bell rang, notifying students that school is over and the school buses are waiting outside.

Everyone in Ms. Geist class rapidly ran out to the stampede of students in the halls of this very school.

Except for Harry, he was patient. He walked out last with such decency.

Once he was outside, Liam leaned on his back against the wall and his arms were crossed around his chest. He was having a conversation with Zayn till he turns his head and eyed Harry.

Harry's heart skipped a beat when Liam called out for him, Zayn glared at him. "See you Liam." Zayn waved.

"Alright you too." Liam answered.

Zayn pursed his lips before turning on his heel and left.

Liam approached Harry at the same pace Harry was.

"Hi Liam?" Harry greets & looks up.

"So, uhm... you do wanna go with me huh.!?" Liam huffed out as if his chest was heavy.

Harry tightens his hold on his books that were above his chest.

"Mmmm.... I guess yeah." He half- chuckled.

"Great! Uhm... do you think I could get your number? I mean... you do have your own line right?" Liam questioned.

( A/N: The year setting of this story is 1984, so.. yeah just remember that. Harry has one of those house phones that are connected to the wall to have line)

"Yeah, I do." Harry says lightly.

Liam pursed his lips at the awkward tension between the conversation. Harry stood there without a word.

"Uhhh, well heres a marker. Write your number on my arm." Liam took a blue marker out of his pocket and passed it to Harry.

Harry took it as Liam put his arm out for him.

After Harry wrote his number down, he passed the marker back to Liam.

"Thanks, I'll call you later?!" Liam says in a questionable tone.

Harry perked a fake smile, "Sure."

Liam smiled back before he ran to catch up with his fellow jocks.

Harry waved and smiled. After, he sighed and leaned against the wall.

"Ugh, Why did I agree to go with him?" Harry says to himself.
_____

Thoughts on this chapter?

Zayn getting irritated from Liam's note to Harry?

I Hope you guys like it so far, anyways comment + vote !!