Green Spar

Although the dream did leave a lasting impression on Minhyun, he tried to keep his emotions on the low. He kept his eye on Baekho and Baekho honestly didn't mind. He would often smile back when he caught Minhyun looking at him.

Baekho started training with the knights again and Minhyun went back to work. They met up for lunch and dinner. Mostly Baekho running to the other once the knights went off to eat.

A few days passed when one day, Aron visited the knights practicing since he was bored and was hoping Minhyun wasn't that busy. That was a let down though but he found Baekho there. Baekho didn't know who he was and Aron only had an inkling as to who the other was. They got along just fine though and even became sparring partners. Baekho was surprised that Aron had a pretty similar fighting style to Minhyun although Aron knew how to let the match stretch longer.

"Teach me how to win you!" Baekho said after their fifth time sparring.

"Why should I? Then you'll be able to win me, right?" Aron replied with a playful tone as he swung his sword at Baekho. It was easy to deflect since Aron wasn't even trying.

"Aww come on. I want to be able to win Minhyun at least once."

"Minhyun? What about him? Why do you need to win him?" Aron accidentally hit harder than he was about to at the mention of Minhyun. His protective side flaring slightly. Baekho stumbled back but managed to balance himself. "Ah. Sorry."

"It's fine. So I can prove to him that I'm strong enough to protect him!" Baekho replied enthusiastically. Aron chuckled.

"But Minhyun is strong enough to do that himself. I heard you got nabbed by Ren. That was you, right?"

"Geh- Yeah. That was me. But it was because I didn't want to hurt them... I didn't know what would've happened to me if I did," Baekho grumbled at the memory of losing to the two guys.

"That's true. Ren can go a little overboard at times. Anyways, even if you can win me, it doesn't mean you can win Minhyun."

"What? But your fighting style is kind of similar, right? Or at least it feels that way."

Aron shrugged and put on a serious face. He stepped in quick and almost removed Baekho's sword but this time, Baekho grabbed Aron's shirt and they had a quick staredown before Aron started chuckling and let go first.

"Minhyun must've had done that before."

"Yeah. But he was much faster than you."

"Of course. Even though he doesn't look that strong, he knows how to put his skills to proper use. Me? I'm just something like a wannabe version of him," Aron replied with a sigh. "Minhyun uses his brain to fight. You use your strength and I'm a mixture of both."

"Are you saying there's no way for me to win him? Not even once?"

"Well, there is. You just have to move more instinctively." Baekho was confused as to what Aron meant but Aron didn't let him relax as he went in for another swing. Baekho staggered back but brought his sword up to block just in time. "Or another way is to try to wear his stamina out."

"They both sound tough," Baekho whined.

"If you give up so easily, then beating me is out of the question too," Aron said jokingly.

"I'll win you then! By the end of this week!"

"Deal."

Aron always left discreetly after their sparring sessions so Minhyun wouldn't know that he had been hanging out with Baekho. He had heard everything that had happened from JR and just wanted to see how the other was holding up. He was honestly bewildered to see Baekho still so optimistic and bright but he was also glad that there was someone like this by Minhyun's side now since he wasn't always there too.

"Minhyun~ You done with work yet?" Baekho cooed and poked his head through the door. Minhyun turned his attention to Baekho and smiled gently.

"No but almost," Minhyun replied. Baekho hopped over to him.

"Where's the old man?"

"He had something to do today."

"Oh? Why didn't you tell me? I could have helped you." Baekho puffed his cheeks and Minhyun chuckled, shaking his head.

"It's fine. I've been making good progress by myself too so I didn't think I needed the help. How was training today?"

"Good. I'm sore all over." Baekho squatted beside Minhyun's chair and looked up at him with bubbly eyes. Minhyun raised his brows, knowing the other would only pull off looking cute for something in return.

"Do you need something? Apart from dinner."

"Mmm... I was just thinking... could you... well, if you're not too busy or stressed out, could you give me a massage?" Baekho said sheepishly. Minhyun smirked and kissed Baekho's forehead.

"Of course I can. Go take a shower then. I'll head to the room once I'm done," Minhyun said and Baekho grinned widely.

"Thank you, Minhyun! I'll give you a massage too!" Minhyun couldn't reject the offer since Baekho already bolted out of the room to shower. He found himself chuckling at the other's behavior. He turned his attention back to the papers and worked his way through the last stack.

Baekho hummed happily as he walked back to the room. He greeted the maids who were starting to get friendly with him too as he passed them. Baekho's smiling face and muscular build were attractive to them after all. Once he reached the room, he quickly took a shower and threw on a pajamas. He noticed that Minhyun had found the time to actually make a little cupboard space for him.

Even though it might not be Minhyun personally doing it but the thought that he had clothes his size as well as having his own compartment, it made him grin. He started thinking the other was beginning to let him in his life a little more too.