30. STRESS BALL

30.

"You're getting a tattoo?" Grayson asks Summer with raised eyebrows. "You're practically a hippie."

She rolls her eyes. "Don't be so dramatic. It's only going to be a small one."

"Can I come with you?" Grayson asks.

"At six. Don't you have cooking classes with your sister tonight?"

"Yeah," he grumbles. "I would rather see you getting your first tattoo."

"Is it worth getting beaten by your sister for cancelling on her, just to see me get a tattoo?" Summer raises her eyebrows.

"Definitely not," Gray scowls. "My sister's scary."

"Damn right she is," she replies. She pushes some hair behind her ear. "So? Can you take me?"

"Don't see why not," he shrugs.

Grayson had only recently passed his driver's license and, since his parents are in Greece, his mum's letting him borrow her car. He didn't take her to school because she usually got the bus and then Brad started taking her—besides, he only got the car on Monday.

"Thank you!" She grins, taking a crisp out of the packet and eating it. They were sat in the canteen at lunch, minding their own business.

"No problem, Sum," he smiles, leaning back in his chair. "What tattoo are you getting, anyway?"

"I have a few ideas in mind," she shrugs. "I have ages to decide, anyway."

"You have five hours."

"Exactly. Hours," she replies. Grayson rolls his eyes playfully. "Didn't you get a tattoo when you went to Ibiza with your ex girlfriend?"

Grayson throws his head back as he groans. "Thank for reminding me of that."

Grayson had a poo emoji tattooed on the bottom of his foot. It's an embarrassing, drunk tattoo that was painful for him to deal with. Thankfully, drunk Grayson was smart and didn't put it anywhere noticeable.

Summer exhales deeply when Grayson goes back to eating his dinner and she can't help but have the itching feeling that someone's watching her.

Her eyes ghost over the canteen. Its not busy since it's Friday and there were usually less classes around lunch and they were in the afternoon, so she could see everyone perfectly fine.

Including Brad, who was resting his head on his arms on the table while looking at her.

He looked rough, his messy hair peeping through the hood of his Stussy hoodie and his earphones in as he tried to stay awake. Over his stussy jumper, he wore a denim jacket. Not many people could make it a look but somehow Brad did.

He didn't even realise he was staring at her because he was so transfixed on her.

He didn't sleep much the last couple nights since he'd been regretting being an idiot to Summer and not trying to talk to her yet. He was just scared it could go wrong and get worse.

Her eyes didn't leave his, hoping he'd realise and look away but she, too, was so transfixed by him. She wanted to see if he was okay but she remembered she's meant to be mad at him.

Brad is brought back to reality when he hears Tristan speak up. "Hello?"

Brad lifts his head up and looks to his left, frowning. He thought Tristan was talking to him but he was only on the phone so he sighs and looks back down, his eyes falling on Summer again, who's looking back over at Grayson.