26. APPOINTMENTS

26.

Brad helps Summer up from her once they've both gotten down from cloud nine, kissing her lips quickly before peppering kisses along her jawline.

"I need to clean the sheets," she laughs halfheartedly, her arms wrapping around Brad's neck as he gently kissed her jawline, going over the path where he had once sucked hickeys on her neck.

"I'll do it while you get a shower, yeah?" He speaks softly, the thumbs on his hands caressing up and down her waist as he held her. "Clean yourself up, peaches."

"Are you sure you don't wanna shower first? I can change the sheets," she says but Brad is quick to shake his head.

"Go and shower. I'll change the bedsheets."

She nods, accepting her defeat and not complaining as soon as she got in the shower since the water relaxed her muscles and made her feel calm.

After she's washed thoroughly, she gets out of the shower and leaves it on for Brad to get in after. She wraps her towel around her exhausted body and walks into her bedroom.

"Shower's free," she smiles at him as he throws the duvet over the mattress with its new, clean sheets on.

"I won't be long," he assures her before walking out and taking a spare towel with him along the way.

She decided to grab some boxers from the spare packet she had stored in her wardrobe, ready for when Brad got out. She had bought them when she was with Charlie though he never really used them, so she didn't see why Brad couldn't wear an unused pair.

While Brad is in the shower, she also decides to go downstairs and make them both a cup of tea to warm themselves up. It was March, meaning that it was still chilly outside and a breeze was drafting through open doorways and windows which kept the house cool.

When she goes back up to her room, carefully carrying the two cups of hot tea, she sees Brad sitting on her clean bedsheets on his phone. He sees her walking in and smiles gratefully at her as she sets the tea down on the nightstand.

What a beautiful smile, she thought.

She places her cup of tea down on the side of the bed, yawning and rubbing her eyes, causing Brad to look over at her. He smiles softly, patting the spot next to him.

"Come cuddle with me."

She doesn't turn down his offer and instead lifts her bedsheets and climbs underneath them, moving close to him.

She wraps her arms around his torso, one of his arms behind her head while his other hand rests on her hip comfortably.

"You feeling okay?" He asks, noticing her tired eyes. She nods, shifting her head to look up at him. A small sigh escapes his lips. "You shouldn't be. I treated you like shit."

She shrugs. "I shouldn't have assumed that we were more than just friends that do more than what friends should do."

"I shouldn't have given you that impression."

"I guess we're both in the wrong, then," she replies, kissing his lips softly. She loved how soft they were against her own lips.

They lay in silence, her fingers tracing his inked skin as her eyes look over his tattoos. He looked down at her with the tiniest hint of a smile on his face. Her eyes were growing tired but she forced herself to stay awake.

"I wanna get a tattoo," Summer announces after what felt like hours of comfortable silence.

His eyebrows furrow. "Why do you want a tattoo?" He didn't think a tattoo would suit her, that it would ruin her skin, ruin her innocence.