28. PEACHES

28.

"I'm gonna get ill," Summer sniffles as she buries her head on Grayson's chest, her arms around his torso as they lay on his bed. "And I hate you for that."

"Yeah," he crawls out sarcastically. "You hate me. Bet you won't say that when the pizza arrives."

"True."

She had been there for almost three hours, both of them collectively agreeing for her to stay the night and take the day off of uni the following day to get over her sadness.

She had ranted and cried and slept throughout the three hours and she had come to three conclusions.

The first, Grayson is a great comforter when she's upset.

The second, she was beyond hurt by the revelations regarding Brad.

The third, if Brad apologised to her sincerely, she'd forgive him because she likes him more than she ever intended to.

There was a ringing of the doorbell and Summer shifts off of Grayson, letting him slide on his slippers before going downstairs to answer the door.

It was the pizza, and they were both beyond hungry. Summer didn't eat at lunch and other than the few snacks Grayson provided, she hadn't eaten proper food in a while.

He passed her the cheese pizza, her mouth practically watering at how good it tasted. They both watched the film and ate in silence, something they'd grown easily accustomed to since they've been best friends for so long.

Meanwhile, Brad was in his apartment, his dick getting sucked as he mindlessly smoked a cigarette, staring up at the ceiling. He thought getting with someone else would put his mind off of Summer but it wasn't.

The girl looks up from his dick that she held with her two hands and stares at Brad. She lets out a sigh. "You're not really interested, are you?"

He blinks and raises his head off of the mattress and look at her.

"I'm just gonna go," she says, standing up and buttoning up her blouse. "You're clearly out of it."

He didn't even argue with her, he just sat up and put his cigarette out before standing up and fastening up his trousers.

"Make sure to close the door on the way out, then," Brad says as he looks over at the annoyed yet flustered girl.

"You're unbelievable," she shakes her head with a sigh before looking at him. His eyes were swollen and his hair a mess, she almost feels bad for him. "You know, if you're getting over someone then the best way to forget about them is probably to drink."

"Didn't feel like going out."

"You usually don't until your five beers in," she replies. "It was just some advice anyway, you don't have to do it."

"Thanks, I guess."

The girl leaves soon after and once Brad's in his kitchen with a bottle of beer in one hand and a newly lit cigarette stick in the other, he contemplated going to a party.

Since he was beyond pissed off with Tristan, he relied on Connor to be at a party tonight and once he'd rang his younger friend, he was relieved that there was one nearby.

Brad finishes his drink and his cigarette before going to his car and driving to the address, parking down the street.

Loud music, booze, boobs and butts. What more would he need to take his mind off of Summer?

She was still at Grayson's house, continuing their movie marathon as they binge on more sweets and chocolates Grayson had salvaged.

"I'm gonna go home tonight," Summer says as the film closes to an end, and she sits up on Grayson's bed.