20. DRUNKEN WORDS

20.

"And I'm a huge fan of Panic! At the Disco," a random guy that Brad knew was familiar said enthusiastically.

He had made himself comfortable next to Summer and Brad and, although Brad had told him to fuck off countless amounts of times, Summer was too nice and let him stay. She was pretty sure he could talk for England, though.

"They're cool," she nods politely.

"They're so much better than cool," the guy says. "They're so amazing. I've never heard such amazing vocalists—,"

Brad rolls his eyes. "Mate, can you shut up? I don't care about Panic! At the Disco at all."

The guy scoffs. "Just because you're not enjoying it doesn't mean that the girl isn't."

Brad raises his eyebrow as a challenge, turning to Summer. She looks down, not wanting to lie to Brad or tell the truth to the random guy.

"Why don't you leave?" Brad turns back to the guy. "I don't want you here anyway."

"You're so rude, man," the guy clicks his tongue before standing up. He winks at Summer. "See you around, cutie."

"Watch it," Brad warns the guy, who puts his hands up in mock surrender as he walks away. Summer lets out a sigh of relief before leaning back against the sofa.

"I was scared he was never going to shut up."

"He probably wasn't going to unless I said something."

She rolls her eyes playfully. "Sorry that I'm too nice of a person to be mean."

He chuckles, downing his fifth beer of the night before going to get another one. She asks him to get her one and of course, he does.

One too many beers later, Tristan is hustling people out of the house as the night draws to a close. Summer stretches, finishing off the Capri sun that Tristan had bought her before helping Brad up off of the sofa.

"Brad, you need to get home," Summer laughs half-heartedly as he almost stumbles into the wall but he keeps his balance.

"I need to," he hiccups, pausing. "Take you home."

"Not while you're drunk," she shakes her head profusely. "That's not safe for either of us. Will Tristan let you stay the night?"

"No, I think he's got a girl upstairs with him," Brad whispers before breaking into a fit of giggles. "Order an Uber on my phone."

He hands his phone unlocked to her before going into the kitchen to get a drink to bring with him on the way home. She orders an Uber to her house, not wanting to risk seeing Charlie if she took an Uber to Brad's.

Five minutes later, they're in the Uber with a drunk Brad in front who was making conversation with the driver. The driver was no doubt scared of the boy with tattoos and a wide build (plus Brad was drunk and no one wanted to risk seeing the wrong side of drunk Brad), so answers all of his questions with the utmost politeness.

"Just here?" The driver asked Summer when they arrive at her house and she nods. He pulls up by her house and climbs out with a thank you before helping Brad out.

"This isn't my house," Brad grasps as he looks at her house. "This is your home!"

"It was cheaper to come here," she explains, holding his hand and pulling it over her shoulder to help him walk.