15. VULNERABILITY

15.

Summer bounced down the stairs happily, excited to see Brad again. Despite the heavy ache between her thighs, she was up on time, showered and ready for when Brad got here.

She was even happier that he was half an hour early.

Her mind had been racing all night with things she wished Brad would do to her next time, things she didn't even know that she'd want. Maybe if they had enough time, she'd be able to see if he'd be interested.

He would be.

She grabs her house keys from her jacket that was hung up on her coatrack, the metal clanging against each other as she tried to find the right golden key to open her front door.

Twist, click, open. She smiles and was about to offer Brad a drink of tea but her face drops as she notices a beet root faced ex boyfriend standing in her doorway.

"Charlie? Why are you here?"

"I always knew you a were a dirty, cheating fucking slut," he growls, pushing past her and into her house.

He couldn't sleep knowing his ex girlfriend was a liar in his eyes. He didn't realise she hadn't done anything because he was already so infuriated at her and couldn't sleep properly.

"What are you on about?"

He grabs a picture frame, slamming down onto the floor, causing it to break and she gasps, looking at him in shock and fear.

"Charlie! Don't do that," she begs, her heart breaking as he breaks another photo frame. They were photos of her and her grandparents who had passed away a few years ago. She had them framed and put up once she moved in to her home.

"I knew all along! Fucking other guys behind my back!" Charlie yells at her, causing her lip to quiver as she backs away from her ex. He was so deluded by his anger that he couldn't see how hypocritical he was being.

He breaks a vase full of orchards, water spilling onto the floor as he rants about how 'unfaithful' and 'slutty' Summer had supposedly been like during their relationship.

She had broken down into tears but it didn't stop him from backing her up into the wall next to her open door.

"Stop fucking crying," he growls. "You're fucking pathetic. Look at you, bet you're not sorry, are you? Just sad because you got caught."

His hand slams against the wall, causing another picture frame to fall down onto the floor from the violent impact. Her head jerks backwards too, causing blood to rush towards it.

"You had the audacity to slap me in the face when you were just as bad!" He yells at her. "How would you like it if I did that to you, huh?!"

"Charlie, stop!" She begs through her cries but he shuts her up with one slap around her cheek. As hard as he could.

It turned red as it stung violently and another cry slipped out of her mouth.

"You're a lying little bitch!"

With tears streaming down her face as Charlie shouts down her ear, Brad pulls up to her house with a small smile, excited to tell her about the eventful night he had at work the night before.

"I've not slept all night, you're lucky I didn't come here and fucking kill you!" Charlie continues to shout at her.

He gets out of his car, frowning at the rusted truck parked in her driveway and her front door that was still ajar. He locks his car before shoving his hands into his blue, denim jacket as he walks up the pathway to her front door, stepping up onto the front porch and peeking through her open doorway.