23. PIZZA

23.

bradley: missed you today

Summer read over the only notification on her lock screen as she rolls her eyes. She had seen him around school quite a few times that day, ever since lunch, but not once did he even look at her. Plus, she didn't have the confidence to go up to him, especially when it seemed like he was ignoring her.

peaches: So now you decide to return my messages?

Brad looked at her message and instantly felt guilty. He looked up at the ceiling and cursed. Maybe now, while he's in bed waiting for a girl he rang to come around and have sex with him, wasn't the best time to message Summer.

He was horny and craved Summer so badly, one of the reasons he messaged her.

bradley: Don't be like that, peaches. i was busy today

peaches: You weren't busy at lunch when you were with Tristan. You actually looked kind of bored. Whatever, though.

Brad bit back a grin at his message, glad that she did notice him earlier. He did feel bad that he didn't say anything to her or even send her a text like he normally would.

bradley: didn't mean to upset you, peach. saw you talking to your friend and didn't want to interrupt you.

peaches: It hasn't stopped you before, though.

Summer locks her phone and throws it down on the bed with a sigh. She hated that she was so upset by the fact Brad didn't acknowledge her at school.

She couldn't decipher whether it was the fact Brad ignored her or that fact she was so offended by Brad ignoring her that made her more annoyed.

Her phone buzzes again and she quickly debates in her head if she should look at it or not, but she decides to pick up her phone and check it.

bradley: can i make it up to you?

She sighs. She shouldn't take it to heart that that's his first, initial response since she's not his partner and he doesn't have to do anything else to make it up to her.

We're just fuck buddies, she reminds herself. Stop catching feelings before it's too late.

peaches: I don't want sex, Brad. I just don't appreciate getting ignored when you're ten feet away from me and then you message me and say you miss me.

Brad doesn't read the message for a couple of minutes since he's on the phone with the girl he called, listening to her shout down the phone. She was annoyed that he was cancelling on her.

"Yeah, yeah. Sorry, whatever, bye," Brad says quickly as his phone vibrates in his hand and he looks down at the message from Summer.

bradley: not like that peaches, i dont mean sex. i'll grab some pizza and swing by your house. we can have a movie marathon or something

When she reads the message he sent, she can't help but bite back a small smile, somewhat relieved that he was making an effort to make it up to her, even if it was a small tiff about a minor thing.

She gets up off of her bed and brushes through her hair a couple of times to make her presentable for Brad. She cleans up around downstairs and turns on the heating so it's a bit warmer and cosier for when Brad arrives.

When he does, she's snuggled under some quilts while she watches a random tv show on the cable. She jumps at the doorbell sounding and gets up to answer it, revealing Brad with two boxes of vegan pizza to share.