16. TEXTING

16.

Summer sits in her lecture hall the next day, trying to concentrate on whatever her lecturer was saying. It was kind of difficult for her to truly stay focused with Charlie still replaying in her mind.

She was distraught, considering all of her stuff had been trashed at her home. Sentimental pictures, things she'd bought for herself as a treat like her vase and flowers. Not to mention that her house was ruined by all of the glass that she kept finding that morning, all over the place.

The idea of staying at the house made her feel sick from anxiety because there was no promise that he would stay away and not come back again. She couldn't sit down peacefully and relax, so she decided to get herself out of bed and go to her lectures for the day to try and give her peace of mind. At least if Charlie came, she wouldn't be there to endure another attack.

And now, she had a whole essay that she needed to write and stress about.

"I expect you all to have the ten thousand word essay written by Friday," her teacher says as she wipes the whiteboard at the front of the room. "Anyone who doesn't write it in time will have to write me an extra five thousand words."

The bell rings and students quickly bustle up to get their things and leave the lesson, Summer smiles at her professor before exiting through the door.

Her smile grows as she sees Grayson waiting for her outside of her classroom. She hasn't had a second to tell Grayson what had happened yet, but she needed the comfort of her best friend right now.

This leads to Grayson and Summer sitting down in the library as they both have their food in front of them as she explains everything from Brad antagonising Charlie at the shop to Brad taking her to his bakery.

"Wait," Grayson says as she concludes the story. "You had sex with Brad?"

"That's all you got from that?" She asks, knowing that despite Grayson's first question, Grayson was concerned for her.

"I mean, yeah," Grayson says like it's obvious. "You had sex with Brad and you didn't even tell me. Our best friend's pact is to tell each other everything about our hookups! Was he good?"

While Grayson tries to convince Summer to spill all of the gossip on how good Brad was in bed, the curly-haired boy sits across the canteen with Tristan and James with a tired look in his eyes.

Brad hates university but his mother always wanted him to graduate and he didn't want to let her down. His sister used to be the only motivation to get out of bed to come to school, but now he had Summer to keep him on his toes.

Tristan notices Brad's tired look and chuckles. "You okay, mate? Had too many girls over last night and couldn't get enough sleep?"

"No," Brad scoffs at his friend. "Just didn't sleep much last night."

He had been up at the tattoo shop and didn't get home until the early hours of the morning, only getting a few hours of sleep after worrying if Summer was safe. He was tempted to call her and ask if he could stay over for a bit but he didn't want to look clingy.

Despite that, he knew the idea of bringing Summer over to his apartment when Charlie lived across the hallway felt like a stupid idea.

"How are you getting along with Summer, anyway?" Tristan asks. "You know, the whole challenge thing."

Brad can't help but grin childishly at the memory of how good his dick felt inside of Summer and he'd give anything to do it again. There was so much he wanted to try with her and he was hoping she would be down for it.