09. KISS AND GO

09.

The journey to Summer's house enticed of music playing through the radio as they sat in a comfortable silence. Summer was feeling tired from being up late, and the idea of getting up early for her lectures tomorrow was playing in her mind.

"Thank you for the ride," Summer said once they'd arrived. "Again."

"I enjoy your company," Brad says honestly and Summer smiles. "Thanks for coming tonight. It was nice to hang out."

"I enjoyed tonight," she smiles. "think it's the first time we've hung out and you've managed to not mention sex, or something similar."

"God, Summer, you're so obsessed with sex. Why'd you have to bring it up?" He mocks her and she lets out a giggle.

"I take it back, I didn't enjoy tonight," she laughed. "I should probably go inside before it gets even later, though."

"True, don't wanna be too tired for your big day of studying tomorrow," he replied. "I'll see you around, Peaches."

"You will," she nods, pursing her lips nervously before reaching over and placing a soft kiss on Brad's cheeks.

He could feel his body reacting in strange ways as she opens the car door and steps out. His cheeks felt like they were on fire and his skin tingled where her lips had touched. The small action barely lasted a second but Brad felt so affected by it.

She didn't even know why she did it, kissing his cheek. It just felt right in the moment and it made her feel all giddy inside. He looks out of the car window at her, watching as she brushed some hair behind her ear as she walks up to her front door.

Letting out a small sigh, he lets his hand run through his hair. He grabs the keys and cuts the engine before getting out of his car and going up to the front door that Summer was now on the opposite side of.

She was taking off her shoes before there's a knock. She frowns before opening the door and seeing Brad there.

"Did I forget some—,"

"You can't just kiss me and leave," Brad interrupts her, his eyes burning into Summer's like a wildfire.

She smiles innocently, sweetly. "It was barely a kiss. Just a small thank you for the rides home you've been giving me."

"Fuck, you don't even realise what you're doing to me," Brad mumbles, looking up at the sky for a second before looking back down at Summer.

"I won't do it again, if it bothered you," Summer shrugs, pushing some fallen hair behind her ear.

"No, peaches. I want you to do it again," Brad shakes his head, taking ahold of her hands and placing them on his shoulders. "I want you to kiss me properly, this time."

He moves his head forward before stopping quickly.

"Only if you want to kiss me, though."

Her face moves forward, her lips brushing lightly against his and she inhales at the feeling, "I mean, I wouldn't be opposed."

That's all he needed to hear before he closed the small gap between their lips, and he let his mouth melt against her. He pulls away after only a second or two, trying to understand why his lips felt like they were on fire. She looks into his eyes, searching for his intentions because she couldn't understand why he was so adamant of getting with her.

She was boring, she was small, she wouldn't consider herself pretty, she didn't have the perfect body and she was pretty innocent.

Heck, maybe she needed Brad to corrupt her.