Chapter 20

" Taehyung you can understand It's an old picture. How would they find him if you give this as a clue? Obviously he might look different now."

"No. He looks the same. It's him. Nine months ago when I left him, he looked exactly the same. Why wouldn't this help them?"

Something was terrible. Very terrible. Taehyung wasn't realizing what he was saying. Was he even aware of his statements?How can a person be the same after years and years. Taehyung aged with time but Jimin didn't, how is that even possible. Firstly he thought Taehyung might be lying to him from the start about Jimin. But after last night it  clearly seemed that something was wrong with Taehyung. Jungkook didn't want to jump to the conclusions too soon. He didn't want his imagination to run wild and have the best of him. He was in desperate need of an advise on the matter.

So Jungkook didn't drag their little conversation last night. He chose to speak to his Jin hyung. Jin is a psychologist. They met when Jungkook consulted a Doctor for his insomnia coming back from London. It was his last choice to start afresh with his position in the company which turned out to be  good for Jungkook. They actually became good friends all because of Jin's outgoing personality. When Jungkook thought about what to do next, only one option clicked him in his mind. He hoped that  it turns out to be a fruitful one.

So here he was, talking about Taehyung to Jin. Jin was thoughtful even when he didn't knew Taehyung personally. He was an experienced fellow in his field, very intellectual.

" Jimin never met him all his life but for Taehyung they hungout regularly until he came to Seoul. And on top of that, Taehyung is telling me the person that left him ten years ago looks the same even now. How TF is it even possible? Is it some kind of .......p.. paranormal activity?"

"That's bullshit. There's no such thing. You don't sway that way Jungkook."

"Then what ?? Then how TF he hungout with a boy who never aged. The boy who left him long ago. How stupid is that?"

" I want you to call this Jimin guy here now."

Jungkook stared at him, thinking that it was a good idea to introspect all sides of the story. Not all of it but most sides of it. It will help them to know something that could be useful for them to understand the situation. So he called up the cafeteria manager.

-x-x-x-x-x-

Jimin arrived to the address sooner than Jungkook expected. He might have been as curious as he was. Actually Jungkook was more likke anxious rather than curious about the whole situation. It was all messed up.

"So Mr. Jimin you left Taehyung about ten years ago? You didn't meet him at all for all these years?" Jin asked, determined to resolve his own doubts.

"Yes . I left because my dad had to come here in Seoul for his job. We were still very young."

" What was his reaction ?  How did he react when you told him that you were going?"

Jimin thought for a while, mostly recollecting the past.

The Sunday evening at the park when Jimin told him about his departure, Taehyung remained numb. He didn't react at all. It was like he turned deaf at the very moment. So many things were going on in his mind and none of them were positive. He looked him in his eyes searching for a glint of mischief because Jimin always threatened Taehyung that he'll leave him one day for teasing him about his height but he knew better. Only this time he couldn't see the amusement on Jimin's face. A faint voice at the corner of his  mind was mumbling to him that it was a lie , that Jimin was lying to him, but at the same time his mind also feared about Jimin being serious and that he might not be joking this time. The fear was slowly consuming him like a slow poison. The faint voice telling him that it was all a lie was being smothered by the harsh slap of reality in front of his eyes. Unable to handle the flood of emotions erupting in his mind, Taehyung ran away to his home turning deaf to Jimin's cries. He didn't even look back to see Jimin crying all alone on the muddy ground. Jimin was hurt that day. For days he thought he wasn't that important in his life for Taehyung to run away without saying a proper goodbye but the thought soon left his mind, because Jimin knew he was Taehyung's only friend.