Chapter 19

" I'm Jimin. Ahhhh wait." Jungkook lifted his arm to hit the man for uttering nonsense but stopped midway because he didn't wanna get all hyped up now.

"I'm Jimin, his Best friend. I can show you our pictures if you don't believe me. Wait up." The man scurried away to his bag lying down on the floor, rummaging through few books until he pulled out three Polaroid pictures. He handed him over to Jungkook.

Jungkook observed them, not believing his eyes. In one of the picture, two kids likely to be Taehyung and his best friend were seen colouring the wall of a house with crayons. Taehyung had a crayon in his mouth with cheeks chubby, brows furrowed in concentration as he drew up on the wall with another one. Second picture was a bit latest than the previous one. Taehyung was jumping near the ice cream stall clearly impatient whereas his friend already got his. He had a huge boxy grin making Jungkook smile unknowingly. Third picture was the same picture that Taehyung had. The picture that Taehyung showed him long time back.

All of those pictures weren't helping him to understand what the heck was going on. It was confusing him even more. If this person was associated with Yugyeom, how did he manage to get the pictures? Even if they managed to get the photographs it would be a complete waste of time if Taehyung didn't recognize him as Jimin at the first place. There was no point of stealing pictures to rob somebody. So, If this person was actually Jimin why would Taehyung not recognize him? Why would he panic and run to him? Everytime Jungkook thought of asking Taehyung how Jimin looked, there was something or the other coming midways interrupting their talks. He still couldn't figure out how Jimin looked till date.

"Why didn't Taehyung recognize you if you are Jimin? I don't believe you, these pictures could be fake." Jungkook really wanted a strong reason to believe the man in front of him was Jimin himself.

The man showed him his ID proof confirming that he was Jimin. Jungkook stood with a puzzled expression, clearly flabbergasted.

" That's what I'm not understanding, why can't he recognize me. I know it's been almost ten years we didn't meet....."

"WHAT?" ten years?

" Yes it's been almost ten years that I left Daegu with my family. We had to shift because my dad got a job here in Seoul."

"Y....you didn't meet for almost ten years?
You weren't in Daegu like... nine months ago? You are telling me you met him just yesterday?"

"Yes. I was not sure if he was Taehyung so I didn't tell him anything yesterday but I thought he might recognize me once he sees me. At first I thought he was angry with me for leaving but it seems that he really doesn't recognize me."

It was like a mountain collapsed on top of Jungkook's head. Taehyung had told him that he left Jimin before coming to Seoul. They used to hangout often. He even told him that Jimin had a dance class.

"By any chance, you teach dance? "

"Huh actually it was my dream since I was a kid . Taehyung knew about this because we used to talk about our future. I'm doing this job to earn a saving for my dance class."

What sorcery was this? Jimin left Taehyung ten years ago. He didn't contact Taehyung at all. Yesterday was their first encounter after years. Taehyung didn't see him for years that makes up for not recognizing Jimin now. But then why did he lie about Jimin being with him before coming to Seoul? Why he lied all the way to Jungkook about Jimin being there for him? Was he ashamed of himself for not having a friend by his side? but Jungkook had none too. So what was the reason to lie. So many questions erupted all at once like a fucking volcano exploded out of nowhere in his mind. And the answer for his mind explosion could be only only given by - Taehyung.

Taehyung was awake, yawning once Jungkook came in.

"How you feelin?" Jungkook asked, diverting his mind for the moment. He would ask about Jimin the same day itself, but once they get home.

"Uhmm.. kookie I feel cold. Let's go home I feel tired." He yawned lazily again, clearly in half asleep.

-x-x-x-x-x-

And Jungkook all the way home thought about ways to initiate the topic with Taehyung.

" I am hungry but I want to sleep. What should I do?" Taehyung asked pouting, already feeling drowsy sitting on the bed when they reached home.

"Lemme cook something simple then you can go to sleep." Jungkook said and headed towards the kitchen.

Jungkook finally came with an idea to start the conversation with Taehyung. He was eyeing Taehyung every now and then, checking if he could start up with the topic because at the end of the day he had to know what's the case.

"Tae...Namjoon wanted a picture of Jimin so that they could search for him. Do you have a recent one?"

Taehyung looked at him clueless but obliged soon after. Rummaging through his clothes neatly stacked on his side of cupboard, he got the same frame he showed Jungkook before.

"It's the only picture I have . Hopefully this will help." He said, eyes hopeful. From his body language it didn't seem that something must be wrong but Jungkook knew that something was really wrong with Taehyung now.

" Taehyung, you can understand, It's an old picture. How would they find him if you give this as a clue? Obviously he might look different now."

"No. He looks the same. It's him. Nine months ago when I left him, he looked exactly the same. Why wouldn't this help them?"

"What?"

Note: And things go downhill from this moment. Enjoy! ;)
Do vote and share 🌻💜