Chapter 2

Taehyung was on his desk searching for his pen. He had to give a weekly report to his new boss. He didn't get any opportunity to see him. It had been a week that the boss joined .

New boss seemed to be very engrossed in his work lately. Taehyung was already called up by his boss thirty minutes ago and here he was, searching for the damn pen when he has it on his shirt pocket. Stress.

In the middle of the hustle, he suddenly felt a pair of eyes boring hole at his back. He knew that it was his new boss by the heavy gaze he was feeling that lingered on his back. He thought the boss might be surely angry for being late and unprofessional. What a first impression tae!! He thought to himself.

He timidly turned back slowly, eyes closed shut, face slightly scrunched in worry, his voice barely a whisper  "Don't fire me! Don't fire me! Don't fire me!" He whispered as if a mantra.

"Mr.... uh...." Searching for the name plate probably. "Kim? Yeah ..Mr. Kim ,  closing your eyes won't make your problems disappear."
Oh! That was a deep voice, he thought to himself.

"You should not be an ostrich burying his head to avoid threat Mr.kim."
What? Ostrich?  Really? Boss might be kidding him ? Deep voice with that shit?!

"Open your eyes I won't fire you " This time the voice was not serious but still deep . It sounded like a glint of amusement filled in his voice by Taehyung's behaviour?!
Probably.

Taehyung opened his left eye and then right. Black shiny boots, black dress pant draping thick thighs. A crisp white shirt clinging to his body adorning his toned sinful body beneath. Sleeves rolled up on his muscled arms and a sharp jawline giving his face a sharp look.  He had plump pink lips and his hair was neatly gelled back with  a strand falling over his forehead.  His eyes? His eyes were the most captivating feature of the male. Those black doe eyes held something deeper,  something so colossal that attracts all the attention. It's like an abyss of something he couldn't decipher. Something that can be understood only by falling in deep into it to know what it is.

"Ahem... Mr. Kim?" Said man snapped out of his trance bringing him back to the reality. That was embarrassing for them, really embarrassing and Taehyung was now drowning in it . Flushed, because he was caught staring at him, actually caught checking him out from bottom to top like a creep, Taehyung slammed himself in his mind "What a good first impression Taehyung!"

"Mr. Kim now that you are fine, you can bring the file to my cabin?" Jungkook tried to make it more as a command but failed miserably because it was awkward for him too.

People did check him out very often but Taehyung just looked him in his eyes for quite a good minute. No one looked him straight in his eyes. People would never hold his gaze for longer than  a second due to his dominant aura. He was intimidating- that's what his mom said. And that's what hurted him the most.

Taehyung just nodded, not trusting his words right at the moment.

  -x-x-x-x-x-

"May I come in sir!" Taehyung said weakly.
"Yeah come in. Have a seat Mr. Kim." Jungkook said sitting behind the desk with file in his hand not bothering to look over.
"Sir, this is the weekly report of the department you asked for." Taehyung handed over the file and sat on the office chair maintaining an upright posture to not make him look tired and unprofessional.

"Yeah ok I'll check it later" he said finally looking at Taehyung. "You may go now. Have a nice day Mr. Kim."

Have a nice day Mr. Kim

Taehyung blinked slowly realizing what he just heard, slowly making him smile that he didn't knew he had it on his face.

Have a nice day. First time someone greeted taehyung after months of joining the office. It was weird but he felt good. Mere general statement made him feel good. That might sound ridiculous for some to believe but it was what it was.

He went back home, calling his mom and starting his endless chatter about his day. Only this time it wasn't something sad and depressing, but a glint of happiness-Happiness  that he found at a hopeless place.

It was ridiculous how a simple statement made Taehyung feel good. Sometimes there are people who make you feel relieved and happy even if the person might not be knowing what he was doing . By simple gestures, by simple words one can find relief. Even a mere act of listening to someone can make the person  happy because you never know that person might not be having anyone to listen to them.

Nothing lasts forever right! so here he was, back to the office in the canteen, sitting alone, having his lunch alone. He actually never ate alone back in Daegu.

At least her mom used to sit beside him when he was eating. But nothing is the same as it used to be. He was getting hollow. Slowly vanishing into thin air,  but no one was present to notice his fading self.

No one knows what you are going through. It's all normal outside but the inner turmoil? No one knows because most of them don't even care.

It's been a week for his first encounter with his handsome boss. Taehyung was seated on his desk, staring at the desktop with dead eyes.

"Mr. Kim"

Taehyung snapped his head at the voice, standing up from his desk immediately.

" Don't worry just sit down. I am here for an announcement. Just be seated." Jungkook said smiling, shaking his head at Taehyung's  abrupt response.

"So I am here to announce a dinner party by the office this Friday that is tomorrow. Lately I have seen the overall work process in the office slowing down because of the sudden change in the management. This party is to promote a friendly atmosphere in the office and to enhance our team efficiency. So see y'all tomorrow."

Taehyung did'nt realise when Jungkook left after announcing. He was still deep in thought about the other day - A dinner party with his colleagues, colleagues and not friends. How would he stay at a place with his colleagues in a different environment. He was habitual of them staying aloof in the office. How would he be able to spend time with them in a whole new environment? what would happen tomorrow? Would he be alone all evening? Or would he get someone to talk to