Prologue

Prologue

It was really a good morning for taehyung because he received the job acceptance letter he had been trying for months. It was a very well paid job and taehyung deserved it because he was actually a very bright student back in school days and had a good score card making him eligible for this job. For this new job he had to go to Seoul, miles apart from Daegu. But he was happy that he would get to know more people and live in a different environment from Daegu. It's not like taehyung didn't like his hometown, actually he loved it but taehyung had always been excited about new things, new people and atmosphere.

So here he was all humming and happy packing up his stuffs and yelling all the way about getting his dream job at his dream place. He saw his mother at the door smiling and really happy about his another achievement.

She came and sat beside him ....patting his head and then caressing his cheeks, Taehyung closed his eyes to get hold of the lovely moment with his mom "I'm so happy for you Tae..you never fail to make me proud ...I know you are going to excel in every aspects of your life.. you'll never disappoint me..I can see your capabilities, darling. Just be happy there, okay! And miss me and your dad" she nudged playfully.

He just kept on blabbering about how excited he was and that he was really gonna miss them. The other day he went to hangout with his best friend jimin, probably for the last time. They both spent time cackling like idiots in the park having their favourite ice cream and spending the whole evening there. They recollected their old school days, the pranks they played on teachers and how they used to get detention for it only to wander hours after school.

It's really normal for people to get weirded out by them because they used to laugh, snort and giggle out loud. At first taehyung felt uncomfortable by people but slowly he came in terms with their stares and glares. He got used to it eventually.

Taehyung finished his last minute packing, the night before his train in the morning. He left his room tired and settled his head on his mom's lap, watching her favourite drama. The drama was not less than a headache, mostly because it was over the roof dramatic for him, he watched it just to spend some quality time with his mom. He wanted to cherish moments like these as long as he gets because he might not have them once he leaves Daegu for Seoul.

It was the day of departure. Taehyung walked out of his house, cab already waiting for him by the compound. His mom and dad came out, happy smiles etched on their faces to greet him good bye. He kissed his mom's cheeks telling her that he would be calling her daily. He assured her that he would be fine by his own and she need not worry much about him. But it was like no words could help extinguish her current emotional state, not helping her tears to stop, it only made them flood more. He was sad to leave her in this state but he had to. Taehyung managed his bags, one on his shoulder and another on his left hand, waving enthusiastically at her mom, trying to suppress his own dilemma for leaving her. His dad was standing behind her mom, not uttering a word.

He saw his neighbors again staring at him, having a pitied look on their face. He never understood why his neighbors looked at him like that. He always asked his mom but she never told him . It was not like they always looked at him like this, actually their family had a pretty bond with them but it eventually turned into something that he couldn't decipher till this date.

Luckily he got his train on time, he boarded and loaded his luggage all ready for Seoul. With new hope and the excitement of what would come next, he couldn't sleep all his way to Seoul. He made a call to his mom but his dad picked up.

"Say what it is?" A cold voice came over from the other side of the line.
Taehyung hesitated before saying" huh, nothing I j..just wanted t...to say that I...I boarded the train on time, that's it"

Actually speaking his dad, NO, his step dad was happy that Taehyung left. His dad never accepted him. He would always blame his existence in his life. He was never happy with him. He always came up drunk and hurled abuses at him and his mom. His dad mostly targeted his mom for the punishments that he deserved. His mom suffered a lot. She wasn't the one to hold grudges against anyone, despite having an abusive husband she smiled through the pain all her life. She was like that gentle breeze in the hot scorching summer heat that soothes you and make you feel relaxed even in worst of the situation. At times taehyung would be really enchanted by her love and persona.

After Taehyung grew up, abuses lessened which gave him the assurance to leave for Seoul without any worries.

His dad hung up his call without even saying anything but taehyung wasn't disheartened. He was used to it by now . Whenever he felt sad, his mind would come up with things that could make him happy, and that was his bonus point. After hours of tiring journey he reached his destination by evening.

Stepping his foot out of the station he looked upfront. Happy to be at his destination, his goal.

It was cold here in Seoul. Cool breeze caressing his pink nose and cheeks. His beautiful curly blonde hair gushing with the wind, a small smile so sweet that could make people fall for him.

But people weren't gushing on his cuteness, instead they were rushing, hurrying up to get back to their home as soon as possible. It seemed that the weather could get bad at any moment.

Suddenly, he didn't feel like he was welcomed in here. It was like a swing of mood all of a sudden seeing people so busy or a switch flipped all of a sudden.

Strangers. No one knows you. That's what struck his mind. He frowned a bit because that's what Taehyung always liked right? "New". New environment, new people, a new feeling.

So at that moment he convinced himself that it was okay, because he'll get adapted to it very soon. He'll make new friends in Seoul like in Daegu. He didn't let anything ruin his mood and cheered up to go and embark on his new journey.

"This is going to be interesting!"