15. Wake Up

*She's been doing better, but he came back, because he was starting to remember.*

It's been six months since the day my life was completely ruined. He lost every memory of me after a stupid huge fight. It stressed him out so badly, that when he got into that accident and bashed his head into the steering wheel, the pain and the stress erased me from his mind. I tried working with him, doing things to try and jog his memory, but it was no use. Our love had disappeared.

I moved back home after a week of trying, but he asked me to go away. I don't remember how long I cried.

There are times when I miss him and it hurts so much that I breakdown, but I've gotten somewhat better about it. The breakdowns happen less frequently now that I'm getting use to being without him. I still talk to Calum, Ashton, and Luke, well, more Luke than the other guys.

It hurts that I lost the great love of my life. I'll never forget that dreadful day.

Flashback:

" Y/N, he's awake," I heard Luke's relieved voice through my phone. I didn't even have the patience to chat, so I immediately rushed back to the hospital.

Once I was inside, I ran to his room and bursted through the door with tears running down my face. I gasped as noticed he was sitting up with a bandage around his head and his eyes open.

"Oh, Michael, I'm so glad you're awake," I said as I hugged him lightly.

He didn't react, so I moved back and said, "Is something wrong?"

He kept staring back at me in complete confusion, "Do I know you?"

My heart shattered in that moment.

Present:

I shuddered at the memory and grabbed my bag as I headed out the door to go to the hospital. I spend time with children who live in the hospital.

When I got into my car, Luke texted me.

Luke: Hey is something coming up that Michael is supposed to remember, because he's been having frequent headaches.

Luke: He also keeps mumbling in his sleep gotta get Y/N 2 gifts this month it's a bit odd, because he doesn't remember dreaming it even though he heard recordings of himself saying it.