34. Someone, Somewhere

*Everything was getting to be too much and he just happened to be there; much more ensues. Kind of reversed the roles a bit.*

Michael was working late one night; he worked in the bar of a hotel serving latecomers until far after midnight. He had seen them all; the people who would come in. There were so many people who had such different lives and things that impacted them.

He didn't expect to see one of his favorite girl guitar players on a particular night.

She was in a band known as The Thirteenth Plague and she was a great guitarist and was awesome on vocals; she didn't like to sing often though.

Michael liked her because he found out that she wrote more than half the songs and he related to her lyrics; they could be really serious and haunting or really fun. There was one song that he'd never get tired of and it was the song she pretty much sang on her own; it was her song I'm Losing Who I Am.

His favorite lyrics were the ones she sang with such a raw emotion.

I close my eyes and I begin to fall
Where do I go from here
A thousand thoughts running through my head
I think I'd rather be dead
I'm losing who I am
I'm losing who I am
What can I do to be better
Should I just surrender
Where do I go from here

At one point in his life he felt that he was losing who he was and he heard the song on the radio; it was the first time he'd heard the band.

It was a quiet night and he was contemplating doing things he knew he should never do; when he heard the lyrics he felt the despair from the song and her voice. He became obsessed with The Thirteenth Plague; he learned everything he could about them.

To see her at the bar in the hotel he worked at was the ultimate surprise, but she looked so upset.

He took a deep breath and walked over to where she was sitting, "Welcome, what can I get you?"

She looked up and smiled the most fake smile she could muster up, "I'll have the Grateful Dead."

He nodded with smile, "I'll get right on that."

He could feel her eyes on him as he made her drink and he kind of liked that.

As he finished up he glances at her and she was looking at him with an unsmiling expression he couldn't read; he could sense a sadness coming from her.

He placed the drink in front of her and offered her a sincere tight lipped smile; she took the drink and whispered, "Thank you."

He nodded, "It's on me."

That was the first time he saw Y/N in person, but not the last.

Y/N couldn't stop thinking about the blue haired bartender after that day; he seemed to always be in the back of her mind. She was glad he didn't acknowledge that she was famous, but then again she wasn't. She had wanted him to say her name and even tell her his name; she felt that she had lost her chance.

A month later at a show is when she saw the blue haired stranger again; he was right by the stage and he was smiling and looking at her. It seemed as if neither of them took their eyes off of each other through the set; Y/N felt something radiating from him, but she didn't know what.