11. Simply Fate

*The first thing he said was that their meeting was fate, but she wasn't too sure.*

I was at a concert when I met him, technically I was working as the drink and towel fetcher. I was carrying a stack of towels down the dressing room hall. Just as I was shoving the door open, someone was opening it. I let out a surprised gasp as I hit the ground. I immediately stood to my feet and began apologizing and telling them I'd get new towels. He put a hand on my shoulder and smiled at me saying, "Its cool, these towels will do."

I nodded and smiled back, "So, you're Michael Clifford. Right?"

He nodded, "And you are?"

I laughed nervously, "Oh, I'm Y/N."

He smiled and said, "Come hangout with us."

I sighed, "Oh, I-I'm working right now.., but I'd like to sometime."

He shrugged, "If we request it, you have to come."

I scoffed, "I could lose my job and it took forever for them to hire me."

He grabbed my hand, "You'll only be fired if we don't like your services."

" Ok, fine," I gave in, which he smirked in victory.

He didn't let go of my hand as he lead me into the dressing room. I looked around and noticed there was no one else.

"M-Michael? Where are the rest of the band?" I asked remembering him saying hangout with us.

He took a seat on the couch, "They went out for a bit, should be back in an hour."

I still stood in the middle of the room wondering if I should book it out the door.

He just smiles, but it doesn't meet his eyes, and says, "You can sit down."

I sigh, "I'm not allowed to be alone with you."

He smirked, "Are you scared or something?"

I roll my eyes, "No, I just don't want to lose my job."

He nodded, "I understand, but we aren't doing anything wrong. I needed someone here and there you were. Its fate."

I laugh, "I'm sorry, but it isn't everyday that a really cool person talks to someone like me."

He leans forward, "What do you mean?"

I shrug, "I'm nothing special, especially nothing to look at."

He scoffs, "Stopping you right there. You need to believe someone might actually like you for you. And I think you're beautiful."

I cringe, "I really don't like when people compliment me. It sounds weird, I know. When people compliment me, I just feel so uncomfortable."

He pats the spot next to him, motioning for me to take a seat, so I do. He looks at me for a moment and says, "I just noticed you aren't wearing make up."

"So?" I mumble in confusion.

He smiles, "I'm saying, I thought you might have blemishes or something, but you aren't wearing make up and your face is clear."

I shrug, "So what, I clean my face everyday."

He puts an arm around me and says, "You don't have believe me, but I call it like I see it."

His closeness was making me a little nervous, his mouth so close I could feel his breath on my neck. When I turned my head to ask him a question, our lips brushed, making me jolt back. I forgot my question.

His grip grew tighter as I tried to move further away from him. Before I could say anything, his lips slammed down on mine. He moved quickly, probably in fear of me trying to escape. He moved to hover above me as he stole every breath I tried to get back.

He took a deep breath as he pulled away and said, "I'm so sorry."

I scoffed, "Don't be. That was incredible."

After the guys got back, Michael introduced me to them. Things just went on from there.

A year after Michael and I started dating, I kept thinking about how he said we met by fate. I kept dreaming about the night we met, like something big was supposed to happen.

Then I discovered just how true our fate was. I realized that I saved his life.

It was in a box he kept under our bed. He had things from the night we met. He kept one of the towels, his bracelet that he'd been wearing, my headband, and a letter I'd never seen before.

I opened the letter and my heart nearly stopped.

Dear Family and Friends,

I don't want to do this, but I'm losing myself and I need something. I just don't think I'll ever have what I need. I have everything, but something big is missing. I'm sorry, please try to go on without me. I love you.

                         Love,
                                   Michael

I finally understood what he meant by us meeting being fate.

Then a couple of moments later, Michael stepped into the room. I still hadn't moved. He stared at me before saying, "You saved me Y/N."

I dropped the letter and jumped into his arms saying, "I love you so much and I'm so glad I met you that night."

He squeezed me tighter, "Me too."