25. Holding On To You

*She's different and he doesn't want to let go.*

He's been following me since I left the party an hour ago. I don't know what he wants, I'm just trying to walk the night away. The party had been boring, and I first noticed him when his band was playing. I watched for awhile, the guitarist with the dyed blond hair, playing like his life depended on it. It was like he was born to play.

I stayed the whole time they played, but after they finished, the guitarist glanced at me. His eyes a frosty green in the warmth of the party, his lips red as if he'd been chewing on them. He was beautiful. He didn't look away. He watched me as I turned toward the exit and made my way out. I just walked out of the house and let my feet take me in whatever direction.Then, he followed.

He walked and walked with me, but he hadn't  spoken yet. I waited for him to speak, but I got the feeling that he wasn't going to. I took a deep breath as I finally stopped walking to face him and said, "Do you like to follow strangers?"

He stopped walking and met my eyes, "There's something about you that I don't want to let go of."

I rolled my eyes as I looked away and muttered a wish of good luck and continued walking. As I made my way away from him, he caught up to me and caught my wrist. I scoffed as I yanked my wrist from his grasp and said, "What do you want?"

He shrugged, "To talk to you. To get to know you. I feel like you're so different that you're worth getting to know."

I wasn't exactly understanding his reasoning, but for some reason I was intrigued by the green eyed stranger and his interest in me. I tilted my head and nodded in the direction of a small diner at the end of the town and began walking toward it.

We walked into the quiet diner and slid into a booth across from each other in the very back. I stared at him for a few moments until he said, "Was that a change of heart?"

I shrugged, "I'm intrigued by your interest in me."

He smiled, "You seem to have this mysterious persona. I kinda like that."

I roll my eyes, "Are you kidding?" I laugh. "I'm an open book."

"No," he sighs in a manner of frustration. "You're hiding something."

My expression becomes a serious one and I nod, "You're smart, and I still don't know your name."

I leaned against the table and he shrugged, "I'm Michael," he says and I nod and raise my eyebrows as if to say, and? He laughs breathily, "My name is Michael Clifford."

I smile, "I like that, it's very well put together."

He gives me a playful glare, "Don't even say it. I've heard all the Clifford the Big Red Dog jokes, especially that time I dyed my hair red."

I nod and giggle as I say, "I wasn't gonna say anything about it."

Then he stares at me expectantly until I say, "What?"

"What's your name?"

"Y/N."

He smiles a beautiful smile, "Your name suits you well."

I shrug, "Your name does as well and I think I wanna call you Mickey."

He groans, "Why?"

I smile and sing quietly, "Hey Mickey your so fine you blow my mind, hey hey Mickey!"

He laughs and says, "Is that your way of telling me I'm hot?"

I shake my head and roll my eyes, "Well, you're kinda hot," he pouts and I smirk. "Oh, I'm kidding. You are very handsome Michael Clifford."