28. Best Of You

*She loves her best friend in more ways than one, but he seems to love her back as he pretends to be overly sarcastic about it.*

When I met him, I was surprised in many ways; I was at the movies by myself waiting in line to get my ticket. Out of nowhere, he ran into the quiet movie theater and jumped at me. I didn't see who it was at first, but his arms were around my waist and his face was buried in my neck. He smelled nice and he was very warm, so I didn't shove him off. Then the screaming people ran in looking all around and he suddenly whispered, "For the love of all that is sane in this world, please don't speak to them and don't tell them where I am."

That accent and somewhat raspy voice sounded familiar. I giggle, "I don't even know who you are."

He sighs into my neck and I shiver, "Then at least try not to freak out on me."

I roll my eyes even though he can't see, "I'm gonna say this once, so listen well. I hate the concept of celebrities, because there's not really anything special about them. Celebrities are actual people, who entertain other people. I honestly wouldn't know how to act, so I'm just going to treat you like a normal human being, because that's what you are. Understand?"

He chuckles, "Yes. Are they gone yet?"

I look around me and say, "All clear, now get off."

He pulls back and smiles at me, my eyebrows furrow and he smirks, "I'm Michael."

"Yeah, I know," I mutter as I stick my hand out for him to shake. "I'm Y/N."

He shook my hand, "I like you. And you smell good by the way."

I nod in confusion, "Ok. I guess I like you too. Well, actually I do like you, but I feel awkward since you're you." He stares at me, smiling once more as I say, " You're much cuter than I anticipated and you smell better than I thought you would."

He frowns playfully, "Thanks, beautiful. Wanna see a movie together?"

Wow, straight to the point. I roll my eyes, "Whatever."

He grabs my hand, "Great."

This was the start of an interesting friendship.

---

After a few years of knowing each other, we were practically best friends and I had fallen in love with him. Why can't there be a rule for best friends to never fall in love with one another?

Our friendship was eating me alive; he sarcastically flirted with me so hard all the time and I wanted him to be serious.

He was coming to visit and stay with me tomorrow since he was going on a little break after tour. I've been so busy setting up for our fun together. I was actually nervous to seem him, because I was in love with his sinful smirk. He sarcastically flirted with me so much that I almost couldn't take it.

Later that night, I got a text.

Mikey: hey baby change of plans, I'll be there in 10 minutes

Oh shit!

Y/N: ok, see you when you get here

Mikey: can't wait to see you 😏😉

What is with those faces?

Exactly ten minutes later, Michael walks right in, looking me over before saying, "Hey sexy, I'm home."

I roll my eyes as he stalks up to me after setting his bag by the coat closet and smirks that smirk and kisses my cheek before saying, "Did you miss me?"