27. Someone's Watching Over Me

*She felt him there, she was always, somehow, miraculously never hurt in accidents. Then again she's just not ok and hasn't been in a while and it's hard for him. WARNING: Might be triggering.*

Michael's POV

Rules Regarding Angel and Patient:

1. Angel is forbidden to interfere with God's plan for patient.
2. Angel is allowed to show self to patient when patient is in serious need or danger, unless, patient's time is up
3. Angel must never fall in love with patient. Punishment will result in loss of wings, immortality will be removed, and angel will be mortal. (This is mostly for young Angels).

Guardian Angel, Michael, assigned to patient Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N on date of birth...
Patient will live long life, unless patient tries to speed process, but that's when Guardian Angel shall step in.

The assignment I was given was not an easy one. I given the case of a very fragile girl.

She really wasn't so fragile when I was first given the assignment, she was a baby. Then my job got tough when her mother died of an illness; Y/N was only six years old.

Her father was distant after the death of her mother.

At the age of ten, Y/N's father took her to her grandmothers house and left her there, because she reminded him of her mother. He never came back.

Things were kind of decent for a short amount of time, she started going downhill hill after she lost her best friends at age sixteen in a horrific car accident. She was also in that accident and being her guardian angel, I did my job. She lived.

I felt bad for keeping her alive, because she blamed herself for months on end, but it just wasn't her time. She eventually came to terms with everything that she got a little better. I was glad she could remember all the good things without crying.

The next thing that just destroyed her was this oh so amazing boyfriend she got when she was eighteen. They were together for a year, but I knew he was going to break her heart. I felt horrible about the whole situation and since I'm an angel, I knew everything that would happen. I wanted to interfere so badly, but I couldn't go against the rules.

My job was a hard one, because I wanted to let her know I was there, and I couldn't.

Y/N's POV

I don't know where to begin, I've been miserable practically my whole life. I wanted it all to just end. I wondered what it was like for people who had decent lives.

Have you ever felt like you were being watched?

Someone, something is watching me. I wonder if it's my mom sometimes, or my friends, Lilly, Donnie, Jazzy, or Mac. They had been the best friends I'd ever had. Then, I lost them in the worst way and blamed myself even though I wasn't driving. Then again, I was the one who wanted to wait until a little later to leave.

I don't think that they're watching me though, it seems to me that it may be someone else, because I felt this person watching me when I was much younger.

Since so much had happened, I was just letting life pass me by these days. I felt empty. I was ghosting my way through life.

Before a lot of crazy things started happening, I was dating Miles Berry. I thought we would be together for a long time. He was different and I wasn't sure what to expect from him, but boy did I get a surprise.

We were a year and two and half months into our relationship when everything happened.

It was a mess. Not only was Miles using me to get over is ex, but I was a bet. He told me how ugly I am, how no one could ever love a heartless girl like me. I didn't know I was heartless though, that's what really got me. He took my virginity and talked about it like a trophy, but even worse, all I was worth was fifty dollars to him and his buddies. I felt used and useless all at the same time.