Chapter 13: First Time with Emotion

I've been staying in this field of grass for a while now. Mephistopheles is not far away from me. He's laying under a tree and I have been sitting in the grass. He looked tired and sleepy. I stood up and walked towards the tree.

"What did you do last night that made you so exhausted?" I sat beside him and he looked at me with sleepy eyes then looked away while closing his astonishing blue orbs.

"Nothing. Just got a sudden mission." He replied, weariness visible from his tone.

"Is it really tiring? And didn't you have a rest?" He flashed an amused smile as he slowly opened his eyes.

"Mondays are the worst. Didn't you know that?" He stood up and pulled me up. "C'mon let's grab something to eat."

We walked side by side towards the parking area. He opened the passenger door for me and I sat inside. He then sat at the driver's seat and started the engine. He drove and I just closed my eyes, wanting to relax from the truth I just heard.

"Are you sleeping?" I didn't say anything and continued to close my eyes. "I hope you're feeling great." I heard him sigh.

"It's okay. I'm just surprised about the thing I have heard a while ago." He kept his eyes on the road not minding me. "And let's just go to Cafervoire. You said we'll meet there so that I could get my phone. You're lucky I brought a spare." He smirked for I don't know what reason. Maybe because of what I said. Well, I don't know.

"I forgot to bring your phone." He states.

Oh, I know you're lying, you little freak.

"I know you are lying." He shakes his head. "You little-" he immediately bursted out laughing.

"I won't let you complete that sentence."

"-dirtbag!" His eyes widens but he chuckles softly.

"Seriously? You call me a dirtbag with a very gorgeous and charming face and body I have?" I snickered at his silly statement.

"Wait let me correct that." I acted like I was thinking of what I'm gonna say.

"You better." He smirked.

"You little egotistical dirtbag!" I grinned. "There. Is that better?" He shakes his head and an amused smile is making its way in his lips.

"Whatever you say, San." I rolled my eyes.

"Why do you call me San? Nobody even calls me that anymore. Last time I heard someone call me that was in my elementary years."

"You never know what I know, Sandra."

"Whatever you say, Mephy." He looked at me, shocked at what I said and then fixed his eyes on the road. "What's so shocking, Mephy?"

"No one ever calls me that. Ever."

"Well, now somebody is calling you that and that somebody is me. Aren't you happy about that?"

"Why would I be happy about you calling me Mephy?"

"Why does it matter, anyways? It's not like I'm going to, wait." An idea suddenly popped in my mind. "I'm going to call you that. Mephy, Mephy, Mephy." I chanted.

"Oh no way. There is no way I'm letting you call me that." I raised my eyebrows and pouted while giving him puppy eyes. "Oh no don't give me that look." He stepped on the accelerator and never said a thing so I stopped the look I gave him.

We never spoke and I just looked outside. Seeing grass fields and bushy trees. They look scary but they're safe in a weird way. Well, I don't know I think it's just me thinking about that.

"Mephy?" He really did mean what he said that he's not gonna let me call that so I let out a disappointed sigh.

I took my iPhone from my skirt pocket and opened my bag to get my headphones. I then plugged it to my phone and started to press the shuffle play button on Spotify. Listening to Coldplay.

I put the volume on full just wanting to shut myself out of reality. I got out one of the books I bought in Bookworld. I started reading page after page. Not wanting to miss a word.

The car suddenly halting I looked at Mephy who has his brows furrowed, looking frustrated. I removed my headphones and hung them on my neck.

"What?" I asked not knowing why he stopped. I looked outside and this looks like Prometheus Park cause it definitely is.

"I've told you a lot and you haven't even heard a thing I've said." He laughs sarcastically. I know his annoyed at me so I hung my bag on my left shoulder and opened the passenger door.

"I know you want to get out that's why you stopped. I'll get out." I got out and closed the passenger door and ran towards nowhere. All I know is I'm in Prometheus Park.

After running away, I looked for something I can sit on and saw a bench that looked like it wasn't used for long. I was breathless because of doing that and I didn't notice that my cheeks has been wet because of the tears that fell.

I ran a hand through my hair and wiped the tears. I sat on the bench and drank from my water bottle finishing it in one gulp. I looked at my surroundings and saw that this bench is shaded by a very large and old tree.

The tears once again started falling from my eyes that stung. My vision blurred and I just shook my head. I began sobbing and I just don't know what is happening to me anymore. After he acted that way, it just hurt me for I don't know what reason.

"What is wrong with me?" I heard someone who cleared its throat so I wiped my tears and fixed my hair. I looked at a short bridge and saw him sitting there. Under the bridge was a river but it wasn't that wide. It looked manmade because I didn't see anything that leads to a vast ocean or something.

"What are you doing in here?" He stared at me with his grey-colored eyes that has an icy edge. "Can I call you Dhale or something?" He fixed his gaze in the manmade river.

"You can call me Dhale." He replied in his icy tone.

"Dhale, am I interrupting you or something?" Still fixing his gaze in the river he shaked his head.

"I was just out for fresh air and here I can really breathe real fresh air." He said calmly. He looked at me. "We can breathe the same fresh air here. I can share it with you." He smiled, a genuine one. There I saw emotion in his eyes and his face.

The first time I saw him with emotion in his eyes.

"Sure, I'd be glad." He then walked towards me and sat beside me still not removing the smile plastered in his face. "You know, you look even better when you smile." He chuckled.

"D'you know that you are the first person to witness this? And you're right I think I do." He smiled widely I gladly returned a smile.

************

A/N:
Hello, readers! I hoped you enjoyed this chapter.

Tell me in the comments section what you think about this chapter.

Don't forget to VOTE.

I love y'all.

Xoxo😘😘
Mprfctnst