Chapter 11: A Morning with Theo

I'm making my way towards our school cafeteria. I wanted to eat to waste time. A lot of my schoolmates tried to get out of the school but failed to do so.

As I entered the school cafeteria, the noise is not hurting my eardrums. I looked around and saw there were only a few people staying here. Some of them probably went to the school yard to hang out with their fellow mates.

I put my bulky mint green bag on the birch table in front of me as I sat down in my usual spot. I put my orders using my AI glasswatch. I'm too tired to stand up and order at the counter.

While waiting for my orders, I took out my laptop and opened it. I started to type the things I needed to type for this project. I don't want to miss anything. This is due on Wednesday afternoon. I must work on it so that I'll be able to finish things I needed to finish.

After a while, my orders arrived and I put my laptop back in my bag. I started to eat slowly then suddenly my phone started to buzz in my pocket. I took it out and saw a text.

Theo: Hey, where are you?

I pressed the call button and waited for him to pick it up. After the second ring, he picked it up.

"I'm at the cafeteria. Why'd you ask?"

(I was wondering if we could hang out. I forgot to give you something I should have given you last night.)

"Oh, okay. I'll be waiting here at our usual spot. I just ate. Do you want me to order for you?"

(No, thanks. I just ate. Be there at 5. Bye.)

"Okay, bye." I ended the call and went back to eating my spaghetti with meatballs. After eating, I drank my soda in one gulp.

"Hey." Theo said. I didn't notice him come in.

"Hey." I smiled at him but he frowned at me. "Why? What's wrong, Theo?"

"You know it's unhealthy to drink soda and eat spaghetti with meatballs. Meat and soda is not good for you." I chuckled at what he said. For a second there, he sounded like my mother.

"Wait, you're my mother now?"

"Stop it, Perse. I won't and will never be your mother. I'm not a even a woman." He snapped.

"I know, Theo. Have a seat. So what did you want to give me?" I giggled.

"Oh, for a minute. I'll just get it out of my bag. You know how messy my bag is so it can take a while before I find it." He started rummaging his bag to look for the thing he wanted to give me.

"So about the question I asked last night. Do you want to answer it now?" He stopped to search for the thing and ran a hand through his disheveled jet black hair. "I think you're still not ready." He ignored me and started to rummage once again in his bag.

"Ha! Found it." He then zipped his bag and put it aside leaving nothing in front of us except the plate I used and the soda bottle. He pulled out something from a red medium sized box. I saw a silver bracelet that has a rose charm dangling in the center.

"Is that for me?" I asked. He snickered at my dumb question.

"Of course, silly girl. Give me your hand." I put my wrist in front of him and he gently placed the bracelet in it.

"It looks great. I love it. Thank you, Theo." I gave him a sincere smile.

"My pleasure. So where do you want to go?"

"Anywhere but the school yard." I said with an annoying tone.

"Let's go occupy one of the screen rooms. We could watch a movie there." He sounded eager to go there.

"What movie?"

"Anything you like, Perse." He smirked.

"I'll go there in one condition."

"What would that be?"

"When we get there. Answer my question last night." He looked unsure but he nodded. We grabbed our bags and walked together towards the Screen Center.

************

A/N:

Heeeeyyy! I hope you enjoyed this short chapter of Persephone and Mattheau.

Tell me in the comments section if you want them to be together again.

Next chapter will be about this certain girl.

Hope you enjoyed reading this story as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Don't forget to VOTE and COMMENT.

Xoxo😘😘
Mprfctnst