Prologue

Riding a cab while passing by big and tall trees. I look at my surroundings then I see big, bushy trees everywhere and I see the darkness enveloping this area.

Why do I have to do this? Am I getting myself into trouble?

I must do this. Besides, what's the worst thing that could happen?

There's no turning back I have already paid this driver to take me there. I just want to join their team. I ain't backing down. I just need this to avenge my deceased grandmother. It is for my own good anyways.

I need to find the people that killed her.

As the cab was getting near our destination, I can already see the big "Bartholome" at the front and highest part of the building.

I know they can help me. They know I can help them too. If only I knew already. I'd be delighted to join them immediately. Now that I know about this I am ready.

The cab was allowed to enter the big gate of this facility as I mentioned my name. I reckon they already knew about it.

The cab halted in front of the building and he bid me goodbye. I thanked him for taking me here safely. I waved as he started to drive back to the central.

I am ready. I brought my luggage and entered the biggest building I have ever seen. I passed by a security guard and greeted him a good afternoon but was ignored. Maybe they were taking their jobs seriously.

As I entered, I could see the receptionist's table by the center and a waiting area at the left.

I went near the receptionist and asked where I could stay.

"May I know your name please?"

"Cassandra  Frost."

"Ah, the newbie. Well, she will lead you to your room where you'll stay. After putting your things you will then have an urgent meeting with The Mr. Hermaphroditus Bartholome." I looked at her name tag pinned at the left part of her chest and decided to call her that.

"Thank you, Miss Pennie."

"Glad to help. Have a good day, San."

We were already at the elevator when she said my nickname. How did she know that? Maybe they already knew everything about my profile here. Should I be worried? Nah this is gonna be fine.

We stopped at the 13th floor, then we went out and I saw a blank area. I was puzzled and I looked at the girl that I suppose would lead me to my room.

"Don't worry, San. There are portals here that open to a room where you are assigned. It would be here by now."

Suddenly a black portal appeared in front of us and the girl went first. I chose to follow her because I'd be lost if I wouldn't. We appeared in front of another building but I could not see the building where we were from.

"The girls are assigned on the east wing and the boys are assigned on the west wing. This building is like a first aid kit sign. The north wing is where our training center is found. The south wing is the entrance. The center is where you'll be meeting him. This building is the widest and the biggest one of all. You'll have your roomate tomorrow. She'll be arriving from her mission tomorrow. Good luck. You may now enter."

"Wait, so you're leaving me there?"

"Yeah. You'll be guided don't worry. Farewell and see you again." The girl disappeared from my sight.

Here I am.