Chapter 2: Mattheau

"Mesmerizing isn't it?" I nodded and laid on the bed. It's so soft. I like it so much.

"I think you love it."

"I do."

"Well, let's go now. We have to hurry. You still have an appointment with Mephistopheles so we might as well tour Shannix City before 11." She turned her back on me and opened the door. "C'mon what're you waiting for? Let's go." I rose from the bed, got the 2 dorm cards, and closed the door.

"So where's our first destination." I said with a bored tone.

"Correction, our third destination. It is the mall." She said excitedly.

"I don't like shopping."

"We're not shopping. Well maybe we are but not the typical teen shopping. It's more of like book shopping. I noticed a while ago you weren't listening to me and you read the book you brought. So I thought of bringing you to a book mall."

"Wait, what? A book mall? Does that even exist?"

"Nothing is impossible in Shannix City."

"Oh, really. Do you have bars or clubs here? Or do they introduce illegal gambling?"

"We have bars but they don't introduce illegal gambling. Everything is legal here."

"Okay then. But what if..."

"What if what?"

"What if something illegal happens here?"

"Yeah something illegal happened in the past."

"You mean like past-past?"

"Yeah it was 6 or 7 years ago? There was something like illegal transactions or gamblings. It was found underground."

"But how did that happen?"

"This place was an old hell."

"By hell you mean what?

"I mean literal hell. Drugs and guns everywhere but was hidden below. They covered it with fancy restaurants. Illegal gambling and illegal transactions. Death underground."

"How did you know that?"

"I have my own resources." Well, that's weird. How does she know those kind of things? I have doubts.

"Don't worry I'm not part of those. My father is a policeman. He has a high rank. I forgot what he's called. C'mon let's go outside I called my brother to pick us up. I consider ourselves lucky because he agreed."

"You're brother doesn't like to pick you up when you want to?"

"No he doesn't." We saw a matte black car and someone opened the door from the driver's seat. He stared at me for a while and looked at her sister.

"Come inside you two. I have an appointment later." Persephone opened the back seat's door and we sat there.

"That is my brother, Polyphemus Hemmingway. Don't mind him." I stayed silent. He faced his brother. "What's your appointment for today, brother?"

"Well, it's none of your business so keep your mouth shut."

"Well, I can't. I'm busy being noisy."

"One more word and I'll.."

"You'll what?"

"Nothing." He went silent and Persephone faced me.

She talked about a lot of things but I didn't even listen. I have no interest in talking about nonsense. We arrived at the mall after 10 minutes or so. I looked at it intently for a while. It was just so beautiful. I hope I can find nice books there.