Chapter 3: Reunite Lovers?

Oh noes! I do not know what kind of tea she likes. I should have asked her before I walked away.

Hm. Think. Think. Ah! I'll just get her my favorite tea. Camomile tea. The only tea I ever liked and tasted. I hope she'll like it. I'll just buy her a frappucinno or a latte with a hint of espresso. Hm! What should I buy her?

Will she like a frappucinno? Or a latte with a hint of espresso? Or just tea? Fine, I'll buy tea.

"Ouch!" A girl said facing me. I looked at her. I realized I just bumped her and she dropped her drink.

"I'm so sorry. I'll just buy you a new one." When the girl faced me it was my ex-girlfriend. Of all the girls, why her?

"Theo." She called me by the name she calls me before.

"Perse, I'm sorry." I got out my wallet even though I know she has money and took out a $100 bill. I handed it to her and she just shook her head.

"I'll just buy one again." I noticed drops of water from her eyes and realized they were tears. This is so awkward. I wiped her tears and handed her my handkerchief and walked away.

It isn't my fault we broke up. It was hers. I thought she'd keep her promise that she won't love another guy but I found her kissing a random guy in a party we both attended. Little did she know while she was kissing the guy I was watching them with tears falling from my eyes. It hurts seeing someone you love the most just fool you. When she saw me, she immediately explained. But I never listened to her explanation. The kiss says it all. But I am now fine. I am happy with my life without her. I moved on. It was great being with her but after seeing her kiss someone else I already knew she wasn't the one for me. I'll find the one, eventually.

I looked around and saw the TwoTeas cafe. I fell in line and waited for my turn. When it was mine, I ordered a frappucinno, a coffee, a latte with a hint of espresso. I also ordered two slices of chocolate cake and two cups of camomile tea. After a while, I got my orders and brought it inside Thereals. I like this place because they let us bring foods but we should put them at the table and not bring them around. I saw her but she was with a girl I never expected she would be with.

Cassie looked at me with a bored face while Perse was smiling but it then vanished when she saw me. We are not in good terms. That is why.

"So what have you bought?" Cassie asked. "Oh this is..."

"Persephone Hemmingway. My ex girlfriend." She looked at me and I did the same but she constantly looked away when I looked at her. "Anyways, I didn't know what you would like so... I bought a frappucinno, a coffee, a latte with a hint of espresso and also two slices of chocolate cake."

"What? All of that for me? I just wanted coffee or just tea."

"Well, I thought you would like other drinks because camomile tea is the only tea I tasted and liked."

"Camomile tea would be delightful. Give the other drinks and the cake to Persephone."

"Hm. Okay. Here." I handed her the drinks and the chocolate cake slice. I put the camomile tea in front of Cassie and she immediately drank it without looking at the both of us. The awkward atmosphere is enveloping in this area but only between me and Perse. Cassie suddenly put her book down and looked at us with a puzzled face.

"What's wrong? Why aren't you two talking."

"Nothing." We both said at the same time.

"Even if the two of you aren't in a relationship anymore that doesn't mean you can't be friends with one another."

"It's just complicated. What happened was bad and we don't want to..." I was unable to finish because Perse spoke.

"We haven't talked for a while." Perse said.

"Well then you two should talk right now. I'll go to the dormitory. Farewell." She brought her box with her and left.

No one dared to speak. We didn't even dare to look at each other. I am unable to speak. It feels like something is stuck in my throat.

"So how are you?" She looked at me and genuinely smiled.

"I'm alright. How about you?" I said while still not facing her. I'll admit I still love her. I never unloved her.

"I think so."

"So let's not beat around the bush. Let's forgive each other and forget what happened. Alright? Let's be friends. Like what we used to before." She shook her head and quietly nodded. "I know you have something in mind."

"Yes, I do. I still love you and I want to be back with you."

"You know that's impossible right? Because of the incident we aren't supposed to be back. I admit I still love you but we have to forget this feeling because we know we aren't meant to be." I saw liquids falling from those wondrous eyes. I felt guilty somehow.

"It's fine. I understand you're mad at me for kissing a random guy but we still have feelings for each other and we can't just forget that."

"I know but if you say we should be together again all these what if's keep on disturbing my mind. Let's just be friends again."  I extended my hand for her to shake but she just ignored it and continued to cry.

"I-I'm s-sorry for wh-what I have d-done to y-you." She stood up and left the handkerchief I gave her. I ran to give it back but she is nowhere to be found. She must have hid. I should head back to my apartment.

As I entered my room, I immediately lay on my king sized bed. I thought of the times when we were together. The laughs, the hugs, and the sweet letters & messages. I sure did miss her. I still love her. I did notice a tear falling from my eyes. I continued to cry. What have I done? I hurt her. She shouldn't receive that treatment. I'll just go to her later and treat her.

************