Chapter 1 Loss of Control

Start from the beginning

So Alec makes for the training room, not really thinking about it, and he get out his bow and starts shooting at targets, ignoring everything on his mind and just hitting the red dot in the middle over and over and over again. He's trapped in his own world of shooting the target, but breaks out of it with a fresh set of tears when he remembers saving Magnus with the same bow, and he collapses on the floor in a heap of sobs, pulling his knees up to his heat. He shouldn't be reacting like this. But he's, and how can he stop? How can he stop the tears, how can he stop the unsettling feeling in his stomach, the aching of his heart?

Alec doesn't get a chance to think about it when he feels a wave of disgust travel up his frame, up his throat in a dizzying way. He sprints to the nearest restroom, and empties up whatever manages to be in it after two days of not eating. He takes a minute to collect himself after the sudden puking session, and rinses out his mouth with a quick gurgle of water, not giving a damn about mouthwash. He's too depressed to care about something so trivial, and he feels disgusting on top of looking like a wreck.

Alec makes his way out of the bathroom, moving slowly towards the kitchen. The last thing he wants to do is eat, but he should at least try to get down some crackers and a ginger ale to cure his obviously upset stomach. When he finally makes it to the kitchen, he sees Izzy and Maia there, talking over a plate of nachos. The smell makes him want to throw up all over again.

When he walks into the room, Izzy gasps at his appearance. Puffy red eyes and an almost dead expression.

"Alec! What happened?" she asks, eyes wide.

Alec shrugs, not really wanting to talk as he opens the refrigerator. "Do we have any ginger ale or something?"

Izzy's eyebrows come together at her brother's odd request, but she nonetheless answers his question with the shake of her head. Alec sighs, deciding to look for saltines in one of the cupboards. He looks so... Unanimated.

"So... Have you been here all week? We thought you were with Magnus and didn't want to be disturbed," Isabelle says, still not certain about what's going on with her brother. "Did you two have a fight?"

Alec's body starts shaking and he bites his lip as he tries to hold back tears from hearing Magnus's name spoken out loud. It's bad enough hearing it in his head, he doesn't need to have the name blasted at him through his ears as well.

Alec can't hold back a sob as much as he tries, hunched into himself, and Isabelle notices. She shoots Maia a look, telling her to scram, before she walks over to her brother and wraps an arm around him. This is obviously a bad fight between the seemingly perfect couple.

"Sh..." She soothes, letting Alec cry into her shoulder. "You can tell me. I know about these kinds of things."

Isabelle doesn't quite believe the response she gets from her brother, as the possibility never so much as crossed her mind.

"He... Broke up with me," Alec whispers, new tears falling, wetting Isabelle's undoubtedly fashionable shirt, something Magnus would love. It just causes him to cry harder.

Isabelle goes rigid for a moment, taking a good five seconds to process what Alec said. She had never considered Magnus breaking up with Alec an option, it had never seemed a possibility. Her brother had put everything into their relationship. He had fucking come out of the closet for Magnus. Magnus Bane deserves punishment, or at least some kind of smacking for turning he brother into this mess. Isabelle squeezes Alec to her, rubbing his backs s he continued to cry and sob into her.

After a while she glanced at the clock, and realized that the rest of the family should be coming to dinner soon, so they need to get out of there, because she highly doubts Alec wants anyone else to see him like this. Fucking bastard that did this to him.