#28: BROCK BOESER - #6 VANCOUVER CANUCKS

I couldn't believe it when he came up to me in the library while I was studying, this beautiful human being with golden hair came up to me and willingly talked to me about everything and anything that came to his mind. I went into even more shock when he suggested that we should exchange numbers as he enjoyed our conversation and wanted to continue it further, I didn't object to it and soon after that I became really good friends with one, Brock Boeser. Fast forward to four months after we started talking, he asked me to go on a date with him this time as boyfriend and girlfriend, I didn't object to that either and soon I became his girlfriend.

It didn't take long for us to become really serious, so serious that he gave me a promise ring when he went to play professional ice hockey in Vancouver. I knew he was the one after that, the one that I had found that I would be with forever, and I just so hope that it will happen one day.

I love Brock so much it makes me physically sick sometimes, everything about him brings the biggest and brightest smile on my lips. It isn't hard to love him, he is just a lovable guy but we both love each other on an intimate level and friendship level. He is my best friend and it hurt when he decided to go play professional after his second year at UND, I wouldn't get to see him as much anymore but I knew he was making the right decision and I stood by him one hundred percent.

Long distance relationships are hard, I won't lie. The messed up time zones, the catching him whenever it was a busy time for him, or not being able to speak to him for a day or two. But the worst part of it all was not being near him, not being able to touch him to make sure he is real or not having him around whenever I desperately needed him. It sucked so much, I became so accustomed to having Brock around that it took some time getting used to the idea of him being no where near me. So when he suggested that I come out to Vancouver at the end of my semester and spend the summer with him, I jumped at it.

And so I exit the arrivals area of Vancouver International Airport, my eyes scanning the sea of people for the blue eyes and golden locks of my boyfriend. The last time we were in each others company was at the end of the summer, just before the semester started again for me. Brock came back to the university to help get me settled in but also to see everything again that he missed when he left. We spent a few nights in my place and then I took him to the airport so he could go back to Vancouver to start training for the new season. It was a tearful goodbye, but now that I am here, I just want to spend my time catching up with the man I am so in love with.

I spot him instantly in the mass of people, he too is looking around for me. I feel my stomach tingle in happiness and my heart thumps faster with love, I cannot wait to be in Brock's arms again. I quicken my pace towards him, my smile widening when I grow nearer to him. Brock still hasn't spotted me yet but that's OK, I can surprise him.

"Guess who?" I whisper into Brock's ear, my hands covering his eyes. Brock instantly spins around, his beautiful grin on his lips when he sees me standing behind him.

"Oh my love." He gushes out, his arms wrap around me and he pulls me into him. A giant and thankful sigh leaves my lips as I am happy to be in his arms again, it has been so long since I last gave him the hug, I am giving him now.

"I love you." Brock mumbles into my neck, I feel him gently press his lips against my skin.

"I love you too." I say back to him, my grip almost tightening around Brock's waist as I lean my head against his chest. We stay hugging each other for a few minutes longer, neither one of us speaking a word as we just hold each other in our arms. When he first went to play Vancouver, I was really worried that he would be unfaithful towards me, that by the end of the summer we would both be single but that wasn't the case. We have both been faithful towards each other and I know Brock loves me just like I love him, we are both made for each other.