Prologue

He didn't want her to leave but she had to. His parents tried constantly to make him see that this was his sister's path in growing up. Yes, he was acting bratty but he was allowed to. His older sister was and still is a major aspect of his life.

Elijah depended on her for comfort, reassurance, and stability apart from their parents. To his eleven-year-old mind, he won't have the attention he grew up with, now that there's a new addition to the family.

Shaye Johnson.

He loved his little sister and already felt the big brother protective instinct building in him already, but he missed being the baby.

A bit immature of him but once again he was allowed to be.

"I still don't understand why you are remodeling your old room when you simply will be at your house whenever you come back, " Elijah voiced.

Seated on the floor with Ares sleeping in his lap and Apollo sitting on the bed like a king, Elijah's eyes followed his sister as she placed sticky notes on certain parts of her freshly painted and remodeled room. He frowned at the decor, it was more manly than her normal style but he brushed it off as making it welcoming for the twins.

Currently one was currently in Texas at Baylor University's training camp, getting ready for his debut in the upcoming season.
Carson was doing last-minute packing and preparations for his departure. He only had one week to do so before he goes out to work for the summer holidays.
That one week will be spent packing and spending time with Mari.

"I'll be sleeping here also, " she argued but her tone said differently.

"Right. So everyone is ready?" he asked petting the now awakened cat.

"Yup. Uncle Justin sent the large jet for us. The first stop will be Texas, Cali then finally New York. I can't believe it. College already, "Marielle gushed. Elijah stayed silent and simply watched her flitting around the room like a bee.

Not knowing what to say and feeling like crap, he made up some excuse and escaped to his room.

Marielle watched him leave the room, holding onto Ares tightly as he cleared the door. Releasing a heavy sigh, she took in the work that she did over the past few weeks leading up to her departure. She was content with it all, their mother will place the final touches and her gift will be complete. Moving to the desk she had specially ordered, she pulled open one of the drawers and plucked out the letter she wrote. Left in the drawer were two jewelry boxes and another package.

"You'll be fine, bug. Don't worry, " she muttered to herself. Checking the letter once more, she placed it on the desk and left the room.

This was her last day in Spencer and the only sad part about it was leaving her family. She wished to be part of Shaye's upbringing just as she was for Elijah's but college awaits.

A few months ago her friends and herself received letters that shaped their educational futures and their budding relationships.

Luanne and Issac got lucky. They both got accepted into colleges a few towns apart from each other, deciding to try dorm living before getting an apartment together between their schools. Isaac has been getting better and better over the months, learning to stand on his own feet and not wait for his real family to come crawling back. Luanne was a great help to him. Loving and caring for him not only as his girlfriend but someone who will always be by his side.

Jerron and Kade decided to branch out from the group to find themselves. Create their own identities than simply being the friends of the rich kids. They all understood but reminded them if they ever need anything, never hesitate to call. The two being the best of friends, they settled in Chicago to expand their learning in mechanics and other programs that caught their interest.