Chapter 14: Netflix and Chill

Ben POV's
I worked on the math problem that (Y/N) had given me five minutes ago. Trying not to dry out my last brain cell, I internally groaned.

I turned to (Y/N) in need of assistance, but when I saw her fragile form with tears running down her face, my eyes widened. (Y/N) usual bright, beautiful, shimmering eyes became dull and lost their (E/C) glow. Her hands were clutched into fists as she tightly dig her finger nails into her skin, her teary eyes held a pained look as she stared out the window where the raging storm was seen, she was obviously thinking about something horrible.

My chest hurt. My heart rate quickened.

That was strange. Usually seeing people shedding tears of suffering would calm me down.

I looked back to the girl that was still flooding waterfalls. I pondered on leaving her be or comforting her about what was wrong. Unknowingly, my feet started to move towards her against my own will. My hand landed on her face as I crouched down, as she was sitting on a chair.

"What's wrong, hun?" I asked. Well, I guess the nickname hun became a habit. Although she didn't approve of it, her choice never mattered. She seemed to snap awake at my voice, as her crying lessened, but didn't stop.

"...It's nothing." She brushed it off as if it was a mere problem that didn't need any thinking of, but I knew better. If it was enough to make her cry then it will be worth fixing the problem.

"It's not nothing, if you're crying then something is wrong." I said with an eye roll.

"No really it's nothing that matters, it's stupid really." She retorted back.

"Come on, you can tell me." I pushed, really wanting to know why she was crying.

"..." she didn't say anything, I was about to give up on finding out when I heard her small, angelic voice stutter, "I-I'm scared of thunder... it brings back very very bad memories." I would have asked what the nightmares were, but I knew better than to push her out of her comfort zone. So, I decided to at least try and comfort her, "it's fine! I'm scared of water." I said, slightly shuddering at the sound of the word "water".

I braced myself for her to laugh, or at least snort like most people did when I told them about my fears, so I stopped telling people that anymore cause I didn't want to show weakness and get laughed at, but as an act of snapping (Y/N) out of her depressed state, I braved for laughter.

But that laugh never came. I looked at her in confusion while she just stood there quietly, not saying a word, looking down on the floor when suddenly she nodded with a smile. I was weirded out by her sudden smile but decided not to question it.

Then, I stood up, my hand out stretched for her to take. She looked up to me curiously, until she saw my hand. With slight hesitation, which I was not very happy about but hey who would trust a guy that had beaten her and her friends up? I suddenly felt guilt surge through my body, but brushed it off for a problem later, right now, the sobbing girl was my priority. She took my hand and I pulled her up from the ground, with a grin, I pulled her to her living room and planned to do what any person would do when scared of something...go kill someone.

The situation played out in my mind but I soon brushed off the idea of killing someone. I don't think you like killing.

So I decided to comfort her the most humane way possible.

I welcomed myself into the warm living room. I flopped onto the couch with (Y/N) still in my grasp, as I turned on the television to the Netflix app.

The big, bold, red words were displayed on the screen before switching to the normal menu.

I glanced to (Y/N) to see she had a confused expression. I'm sure as hell I don't have a Netflix account. What the heck?! She thought out loud, in a whisper. I chuckled huskily and decided to leave her in a confused state. I was strolling around the app to see any cool movie shows we could watch, then my eyes landed on, Death Note.

Death note the anime version had been out awhile ago already, and now they had made the live version. I haven't watched it yet so I really wanted to, but not before asking (Y/N).

"Hey can we watch Death Note? I haven't watched it yet." I asked, a hint of pleading in my voice. (Y/N) shuffled into a more comfortable position before putting her finger on her chin in a thinking way. "Hmmmmmmmmmmm." She exaggerated. Seeing my pleading eyes once more, she continued "hmmming" until she gave in. "Fine fine, you can watch it I was just playing with ya" she said, with a wave of her hand, before standing up,

"Im gonna go get ice cream, you want some?" She asked, making eye contact with me.

"Instead of ice cream, about I make you scream instead," I said flirty.

A blush formed on her cheeks, while I laughed. She growled and rolled her eyes, but the ghost smile on her face betrayed the vocal. Cackling, I started the show and put it on pause, waiting for (Y/N) to arrive with our sweet treats.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't even notice (Y/N) coming back with the ice-y, chocolate flavoured treats. "Benny?" She called. I turned my head at the sudden name. Benny? I thought to myself, or at least I think I did. I had said that out loud and (Y/N) heard it.

"Oh, sorry if you don't like the name, I tend to... make nicknames for people." I said, nervously shuffling her feet. Which I found a cute nervous habit. I shook my head and told her, "nah it's fine." I actually felt some what happy at the nickname she gave me. She nodded with a big smile and handed me my ice cream. I was happy to see her smile again, she looked so broken a few moments ago.

She sat on the couch next to where I was lazily flopped on and I started to play the gruesome show.

it was small moments like these that Ben loved.

——————————————————
.-. was this chapter good? nah, I dk. anyways hope u enjoyed. my science quiz is tmr lol. ok bye.
I bid u adiu~
——————————————————