Chapter 24: Forever You and Me

Author's POV

Ming felt his body is floating above water for he can feel the coldness around his body. Then he heard someone calling out to him, 'Ming'. He was wondering who it was. He heard the same loving and sweet voice whisper on his ear 'Ming, my beloved. Please wake up.' Ming is still trying to figure it out who owns the gentle voice that he is longing to hear once again. 

'Ming, please come back to me,' he heard it again then he asked 'Who are you?' He was waiting for the voice to answer but it was silent for a moment. 'Ming, wake up! Come back to us!' He was surprised for it sounded lonely and desperate this time. He had a feeling of urgency that he needs to wake up. He forced himself to open up his eyes for he has the longing to return to the person who owns that voice. 

Ming managed to wake up from blinding light and found himself lying on the floor. He sits up and looked around when he realized that he can only see white surroundings and nothing else. The last thing he remembered is shielding his Kitkat with his body and saying 'I love you' before everything turned dark. Then, it stuck to him that the voice he heard is from the man he loves the most. Then his surroundings changed instantly. He was now standing in a dark hallway. 

On the other end of the hallway, he can hear Kit's voice calling out his name. He was about to go to that direction when a blinding light that was so beautiful and tempting is pulling him to go to the opposite direction. But he heard it again, the voice that he is longing to hear but this time it's different he is not alone calling out for him. 'Daddy! Come back to us!' he heard 'Kim, is that you?' Then another familiar voice shout 'Daddy! Please don't leave us again!' He turned his body back to the other end of the hallway where he hears those voices but the blinding light was too strong for him to resist. 'MMs, my beloved, my best friend, my love of my life, the father of my twins, I love you. We love you. Please come back to us.'

Then a strong emotion hit him and turned his body entirely to the direction where he can hear his family's voices. He runs towards it against the strong force that is pulling him to the other end. 'No! I need to go back! I need to go back to them! I can't. I can't leave them again.'

================

The operation took two to three hours. The first one who comes out from the emergency room is Beam who operated on Kit. Wayo, Forth and the twins were waiting outside the room and stood up when they saw Beam came out. 

Forth: Babe, how was it?

Beam: It went smoothly. A small fragment of the bullet was taken out and Kit is being transferred to the private room as we monitor his condition. 

Wayo: Will he be ok?

Beam: Yes, he is far from danger. 

Kim: How about daddy?

Kim and Cop were behind Wayo holding both sides of Wayo's pants with tears on their eyes. Beam knelt down and caress the twins' cheeks and gave them a reassuring smile. 

Beam: Don't worry. Uncle Phana is doing his best he can to save your daddy. And you both know that uncle Phana is the best doctor here, right?

Kim and Cop: Yes!

Kim and Cop stopped crying. Wayo knelt down and hugged them both.

Beam: So don't worry. Your daddy is in the good hands. Let me go back inside to check if Phana needs my help, ok?

Kim and Cop: Yes, uncle Beam. Thank you for saving our mommy. 

Beam smiled at them and went back inside when he heard that they are having a complication in Ming's operation. He went straight to Phana and asked.