Chapter 10: Stay With Me

Ming's POV

When I heard the terrible news from Forth, I run to the room where Kittinan was placed with Beam from his side. Then I saw someone standing next to him. He is tall and a handsome dude. The handsome guy saw me and was about to punch me when Beam was able to stand in between us to stopped the other guy from hitting me. Forth instructed the kids to wait outside and do not talk to strangers. He gave them his iPad for games. 

Phana: Remember I told you if you ever hurt Kit, you will not get away from it?!?! Look at him now.

Beam: Phana, stop! He lost his memories because of the accident.

Phana: What?

This guy called Phana looked at me with disbelief on his face as if he is trying to figure me out from head to toe. He pushed Beam gently at the side and approached me. As he looked at me from the eye, he gave me a sucker punch in the stomach. I fell on my knees as I touched the part where he punched me. The pain is unbearable but the pain is familiar as if my body remembered it. Then a flashback popped out from my head making me feel nauseous. The flashback was the time he gave me the first hit outside an old restaurant at the parking lot and remembered that he warned me not to hurt Kittinan.

Wayo: What the hell babe! Why did you hit him? Do you want another patient in your hospital?

Phana: I am sorry babe, I just need to get this frustration out.

Wayo: Well, you are not the only one frustrated here and believe me, knowing Ming, I mean Monel, regardless of his name, I know that he is the one most frustrated from all of us. His name may change but his personalities didn't.

Monel: It's ok Wayo. That punch and the pain in my stomach made me remember the agreement we had between us.

Everybody looked at me especially Phana since we were the only who know what the agreement was about. The rest of us looked at both of us quizzically and tried to figure out what was the agreement all about. Then, I saw Phana's face turned from angry face to calm one. He instantly understood that I was able to retrieve back the memory of that incident after my statement. 

Beam: Do you have other frustrations that you need to get out from your chest?

Phana: None for me.

Beam: Good. No more drama for today. So, did Forth informed you about Kit's condition.

Monel: Yes, he said that if you will not remove the clot you found in his head, his heart..... Hi heart will stop.

Beam: Really, hon? His heart will stop? Hahaha, obviously you are not paying attention.

Forth: Can you blame me if you're hot in your doctor uniform?

Beam: Hon, this is no time for jokes. So, the clot in the brain will not affect the functionality of the heart. His heart will still beat but...

Phana: We need to remove the clot to avoid damaging the brain but...

Wayo: But again?

Phana: Yes, once we remove the clot in his brain, there is a possibility that he will be unconscious for a long period of time or worse..

Monel: Or worse what?

Phana: He will be brain dead.

My heart collapsed when I heard the news. What will I do if he will never wake up in his sleep or his brain will no longer function. How can I make up to the times he suffered when Ming left him at his side? How can I tell him that I am remembering bit of our memories? How can I show him that I am falling in love with him all over again? I can feel that my eyes are tearing up but I am trying to hold it in. I need to be strong at this time for him and for the kids.