Chapter 7: His and Your Friends

Monel's POV

We got out of the house as I was dragging Joan away from them since she is a crazy woman and I do not want her to hurt any of them. I can see that they have been through tough times because of Ming's disappearance and I don't want them to go through that again. I will come back. 

I need to settle this to Joan since I cannot imagine another day without them. Funny what a small glimpse of memories can turn my life around. What if I was able to retrieve all my memories? Will I become the Ming that they are looking for? Will they be able to accept me if I will not be able to retrieve it? I didn't realize that we are already in the car. 

Joan: Monel, what are you thinking about?

Monel: That's none of your concern, Joan.

Joan: Come on, Monel. Forgive me. The only reason I lied to you is because I love you.

Monel: Just another lie?

Joan: No! It's not a lie. Please believe me. I really do love you.

Monel: Do you really want me to believe you? You've lied for me ever since I got out of coma, you kidnapped me and took  me away from my real family and you expect me to forgive you just because you said you love me. I am not stupid nor an idiot, Joan. So please spare me from your another lie.

Joan: Monel! You have to believe me! I can't..... I can't live without you. 

Monel: Stop it Joan. Whatever lie you tell me, it will not work on me nor I believe you anymore. 

Joan: What will you do huh? Go back there and tell them what? 

Monel: That's none of your concern. Please leave.

Joan: None of my concern? I saved you and took care of you when you were in coma and gave you a home.

Monel: I am thankful for all that but you know when I think about it, how did I end up in your care? I do not want to think it further because I do not want it to ruin the good memories I have with you. Please leave and don't ruin the memories. 

Joan: Don't do this to me Monel. You are all I got. You are the only reason of my living. What will happen to me once you're gone. Please Monel. I need you and I know you need me too.

Monel: No, Joan. I don't need you. Ever since, I got a glimpse of my memories, I knew that I need them. 

Joan: What about me, Monel?

Monel: Then you better start finding another reason to live for without me in it.

Joan: You're too cruel Monel. How can I do that?

Monel: By being honest with yourself and accepting the truth that I was never yours in the beginning. Please let me go Joan.

Joan: I can't do it, Monel. I can't. Please. Don't do this Monel. 

Monel: I am sorry Joan but I need to go back to them. To my real family and not to the make believe one that you created. 

She started crying hard, I want to comfort her but I know I can't since I already decided to leave her and not be deceived with any of her lies. I already had enough. I didn't realize that it already started raining. I was about to get out of the car when Joan grabbed my hand.

Joan: Do you think I will let you get away with this? I will make sure that your life will be a misery.

Monel: No Joan, you will not do anything. You owe me that much. Please let go of me.