Chapter 19: Trigger

Author's POV

Kit, Monel, Beam, and Forth went to the park using the car where Beam and Forth will hide and wait for the other two couples. They arrived at the park in 15 minutes. Joan was already waiting for them in the designated area. Joan was surprised and didn't expect that Monel brought Kit with him. 

Joan: I didn't expect you to bring him here. Aren't you scared that I might hurt him again?

Monel: No, you will not hurt him since I will protect him from you.

Kit: No Monel, we'll protect each other.

Joan: How sweet... Hahaha 

Joan was mocking them but Monel and Kit were better and decided to walk away for they were not there to be mocked and ridiculed by a lowlife and crude lady. 

Joan: Wait! I'm sorry. I am not making fun of you guys, I just remembered my real husband. 

Monel and Kit turned back where they came from and looked at her if she is really sincere or not. Monel looked at Kit and confirmed by nodding that they can trust her for now. 

Monel: Speak, you have 15 minutes to explain. 

Joan told him about his late husband, Monel, and how he died in a terrible accident. Then a man approached him telling him that he can help her bring back his late husband if she will cooperate. She was so broken and desperate that he believed that man but she didn't know that he was planning to cause a car accident. She was ordered to kill Monel and get his heart that can use for the transplant but when she saw Ming unconscious, it reminded her of her late husband and instantly fell in love with him. 

She told him that he tried her best to convince the guy to let Monel lived and she will make sure that he will never retrieve his memories again. But the plan was ruined when Kit saw Monel in the park and when Monel had triggered a memory when he went to the park that Kit, him and the kids always go to. 

Joan: The deal was off. 

Monel: How did he know that we got reunited?

Joan: I told him that you started to remember and he panicked. He threatened me that he will kill you so I tried so hard convincing you not to go to the main city. 

Kit: But it didn't answer the question, how did he know that we're together again.

Joan: He is working at the hospital where you are currently admitted.

Kit: What?!?!? Monel, I need to call Phana that they might be in danger with the kids. 

Monel: Calm down my Kitkat, we'll go back as soon as possible once we know who it......

BANG!! BANG!! BANG!! There were three consecutive shots released when they turned around to see who it was, they cannot see for it was too dark. They both heard a body slammed on the ground. It was Joan, Joan was shot in the stomach. Both of them run towards to her side to check on her. Kit was able to do a simple check-up on the wound and told Monel to find a piece of cloth and press it against the gun wound so she won't lose any more blood. Monel ripped the left side of his shirt and pressed it against the gun wound. Beam and Forth run towards them. 

Beam: What happened?

Forth: We heard three gunshots. Is anyone hurt?

Kit: Yeah, it was Joan. I already looked at her wound and called the ambulance. But she fainted. I need to call Phana and check on them. 

Beam saw how scared Kit is but he look at Monel and saw what he is currently doing. He approached Monel and tap him on his shoulder.

Beam: Let me do that. Don't worry about her. I'll take it from here. But can you go and comfort your husband there who is trembling.