"ASRIEL, WATCH YO MOUTH." My mother hollered from outside my room.

"SORRY!" I hollered back and kept my attention to the game. Suddenly, the sweet transition of the background music changed into the sound of a familiar flute playing.

An ocarina's tune.

Observing the character in front of the screen, I realized that it wasn't even moving, nor does it have the ocarina in its hand.

Weird. Probably a feature you get when you're almost finished with the game, I guess?

But that wasn't it..

The music suddenly transitioned into an anomalous tune. As if it was playing the ocarina in backwards..

The hair on my body stood involuntarily. Creeping me out even more. Decided, I ejected the cartridge from the console. Gazing onto it intently. The screen on my television showed thay dialogue box that said 'No Signal.'

Satisfied now, I placed the cartridge on my desk. As I was about to reach and open my door, that same unsettling music resonates inside my room. The hair on my body stood once more as cold shivers ran down my spine.

Whipping my head to where the television is, I saw the screen was replaced by a pitch black one. Its speakers playing that unsettling tune. Swallowing the nervousness in my throat, I reached for its plug and pulled it out of its socket. The music ceased instantly as relief washed over my form.

Feeling a bit better now, I returned to my door to open it. When that familiar shlick popped into my air(the noise my television does whenever I open it) and that unsettling backwards tune of the ocarina played once more, I knew that something paranormal is already happening.

Pressing my back onto my door, I eyed the television sideways. That dismantling tune kept playing and playing and playing until it pushed me to insanity.

I marched in front of the TV just in time as the screen turned a dull grey color. Frozen in my spot, I peeked into the socket behind it and saw that it was, indeed, unplugged. I was starting to get the creeps. The creeps I didn't want to get. Oh, my gosh, the creeps.

I was hyperventilating a little bit. Just a teensy-weensy bit until the TV rattled. It. Friggin'. Rattled. Like a dense motherfu-

It rattled once more before I could finish my sentence and I scrambled to grab one of my acoustic guitar I never got to play. I raised it above my shoulder like a bat, ready to obliterate the TV in millions of shattered pieces.

Another minute has passed and it still showed me that dullness of its grey screen. Contented that nothing else will happen because of the minute of peace it has given me, a white spot suddenly formed at the center of the vast grey screen; giving it a strange, distorted look.

From the screen formed a pale ghostly hand that smacked itself at the other side. Rattling it once more. A gasped escaped my lips as I raised the guitar higher, readying myself to swing it.

Then, to my surprise, the ghostly hand hovered about the screen until it pushed. It pushed itself passed the screen that blocked him, it moved along with its hand; looking like an elastic object until it spit out the hand. Droplets of what seems to be tiny pixels fell from it to the floor, only it shattered into nothingness when it reached the carpet.

Soon, an arm formed, and another. Until a whole body sprawled its way onto the carpet floor.

A scream hitched at the back of my throat as a familiar body lay motionless on the carpet floor. Using the guitar in hand, I poked onto the head of its body, making the thud it made echo through the guitar's insides.