Twelve

Mwuahahahahahahah! What is up with Pheonix? Is he evil? Is he working for the Reptilian? Hmmmmm....

~XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX~

"So, now that I've got you away from Gale's evil grasp, I can do whatever I want!" Pheonix laughs. I shake my head and smile, shoving him forwards.

"Just walk lover boy." I want to laugh too, I had gotten so scared

"Oh, you know it." Pheonix grins, walking. "I scared you didn't I. Made you think I betrayed you all. Maybe I should, just to see that face." He stops and thinks about it. I stare up at him in shock and hopelessness. If he decided to..that would be it. He turns to look at me and smiles, pulling me into a bone-crushing hug.

"Don't scare me like that!" I protest.

"You know I'd never do anything like that. Please, you're too tasty to kill." He teases, continuing our walk to his mansion/castle.

"Gee thanks." I retort.

"And I'm of Red Royalty. I love feircely and hate dangerously. And betrayal is frowned upon. I've already made up my mind to hate Mr. Reptilian, and love you. Even though you were my victim not even two days ago! You're so much fun, and you play along, and you're the victim of Mr. Reptilian. So if I hate him, I'll care about you. It's one of the laws of Red Royalty to love the people who share an enemy with you." Pheonix talks...and talks....and talks.

"Okay Nixie, I get it!" I interrupt. He stops talking and tips his head to the side.

"Nixie...I like it. Mackay might not like you for coming up with a better nickname than him though. It's his hobby. I'm also Firebird and Birdie." I smile at the nicknames.

"I like Nixie best."

"Who's Nixie? And why does Sweetpea smell like Galey?" Mackay asks, joining us.

"I'm Nixie, and Dom took a shower in Gale's room." Pheonix replies. Mackay nods. "I have a question." I stay silent as Pheonix interrogates his brother about the Reptilian, and Mackay agrees to our plan.

"I'm guessing Sweetpea took a shower in Galey's room because she smelled too much like a human. But now she smells almost exactly like him. It's creepy." He comments.

"I know, right. I didn't even want to joke with her because she smells so much like Gale. I thought it was making him territorial. That boy belongs in Shadowed." While Pheonix and his brother talk it up, I take in my surroundings.

Less trees, more barren earth, scorch marks here and there. Lots of sun shone down here, even at the low point it was at. The forest is thin and doesn't have many tall trees, letting the red light filter through to the hardened ground.

"Hey, Sweetpea, wakey wakey!" Mackay croons. I snap back to reality, turning to look at him.

"Let's go. Time to spend time with the red childrens." Pheonix laughs evilly before skipping away happily.

"He's bipolar, isn't he." It's a statement, not a question. Mackay seems shocked, staring at me in surprise.

"No one else has been able to tell so quickly, except Galey of course." I shoot Mackay a look.

"You're kidding. No one else has figured that out?" I gesture wildly to the boy now walking sullenly, kicking his feet in the dirt.

"It only happens when he hasn't drunk blood for a while. Plus his emotions are strong and he focuses on just one at a time. He needs more blood than the average Vampire because of the disibility. Without the extra blood flow to his brain it takes a lot of effort for him to appear normal with the regular mixed emotions most have. He just gets really confused when he's feeling more than one emotion, and stresses when he tries to sort it all out, so..." Mackay trails off as Pheonix comes stumbling back to us, staring at the ground curiously.