Twenty

The sounds of clicking of guns and footsteps continued. My mind scrambled to find something to defend us. Anything to cause harm, knives, guns, anything. Ashleen suddenly tugged my shirt.

"What? Did you find a weapon?"

"Yeah, I stole these throwing knives from my home, my mother doesn't know."

She distributed the knives equally to me quickly. We hid inside a room full of weapons as we go to lockdown mode. The footsteps grew louder and louder from a distance not far. I peeked through a window with the door slowly and carefully. My mind fired the fight mechanism.

"Now!" she yelled.

I kicked the door open and showed ourselves. The guards pointed their at us preparing to fight as we tightened our grip on the knives.

Bang, bang, bang. Multiple shots fired. We dodges billets swiftly. I threw the first knife and it missed and cuts a wire above. The light falls and hits his head. Ashleen, on the other hand just threw it well and plunged it through their hearts. A lightbulb hit me. I continued pretending to miss while trying to either knock them out or electrocute them. 15 minutes in and about 6 bodies piled up in one spot.

"Grif, kinda running out of knives, these remaining three won't back down!" she urged.

"Then why didn't you get more?"

"That's all I have!"

Great, we have somewhat no time left to kill yet with useless knives. My eyes darted everywhere while not screwing my arm coordination. Suddenly I saw a long wire stranded behind one guard were fighting. My determination shot up and ran yo the wire fast. I tackled the guard with my whole weight and plunged that knife everywhere on his torso. He still kept consciousness with staggered breathing. Blood was all over my body, splattered. I grabbed the wire and wrapped outside his body.

Staying on position, I looked around for water. His breathing kept being staggered, only that it became shorter and shorter breaths. I stood up and took bottled water from someone's desk.

"Don't worry, you won't be harmed much." I said in an ominous whisper. I stood up and poured the water at one of the ends and he shook for a few seconds until it stopped. Ashleen ran to me.

"Grif! Are you okay?"

"Y-yeah, just some little scratches and a pool of blood on my shirt."

She helped me got up until this voice said, Security system malfunction, self-destructing in 5 seconds."

"Oh god!" I screamed.

Ashleen dragged me to the exits which the glass broke earlier in the fight. The building beeped. We ran out the building quickly as possible.

"3, 2, 1." the voice said,

Boom, boom, boom. Lots of it. The impact blew us and we fell down.

"Oh my god. Can't believe we defeated a few government officials!" I exclaimed.

"Come on, lets go to our group down the forest there."

the fires crackled profusely as Ashleen carried me and ran out in the open.