One

I've been raised to be an Alphenian. Ever since I was a newborn, the Officials observed me, looking for distinctive qualities about me. Ashleen, the one who's been my best friend for years already, the chatty type. I'm not a very talkative person, a quiet and introverted human being. The pilots flying over our community transporting goods to our "glorious nation" everyday 24/7. 

"Hey, how is it going bud?" Ashleen asked gleefully. I didn't notice her behind me.

The announcer then interrupted. "Attention citizens of Alpha. It's one of our rules of conduct that it's prohibited to be with friends of the opposite gender." with his stern, calm voice.

Ashleen and I were kinda bit baffled of what rule is this. We reluctantly gone our separate ways as Katri stalked up behind her. Still, I overheard the same annoying thing.

"Oh, your boyfriend is talking to you and breaking the rules, HMMM?" and "Ugh, why are you my friend anyway?". I rode my bicycle to my home. The wisp of fresh air blew across my face and all over the place.

My dad, and my brother, Cato, said good morning to me. "Morning guys!".
All of us haven't talked in a while, and it's kinda good to get stuff out of our chests.

"So, how was intervention?" Dad asked. I poked at my food anxiously. "W-well, I felt. Kinda...fearful.".

"Precision of language. Please!". Cato looked sternly at my eyes, and it was kinda weird. "So, Cato, how was your morning day?" I asked calmly. I didn't even realize that school was closed in the day, even though weather change was rare.

"Griffin, you take care of your brother. Have to go to work." Dad says. I nodded as Cato talked his way until he left. "So, why was school closed?" I asked. "The skool cloaked because of teachers rebelling over salury over jender." he poked at his food for the fourth time.

I walked away, leaving my empty food container. I sat in the sofa while Cato is crying. I ran to him and quickly babied him.

"Hey, hey, calm down. Don't worry, I'll be here." I gently lay him down in his crib in my room. I kissed him on the forehead. "You're gonna grow up to be me, little duck." while softly stroking his face.

I then realize something. Why do I have a dad and brother? And me, being a male, have to be with "male relatives" in my family unit? I let that thought flow by as I walked out of the room and sat at the sofa pondering about my perfect self.