Eleven

Wolf shuffled papers all over the place.

"Anything else interesting?" I ask.

"Well, I saw this old rule book, looks very historic to me." Wolf said with a bit of astonishment.

He gave me the book and opened it up.

"I couldn't believe this..." I whispered. "What, what does it say?" he asked.

I gave him the book and flipped through it. Suddenly, a bright light came out of the book.

"Argh!" both of us exclaimed. "What the heck?" Wolf shouted. I immediately closed the book and panted from the surprise light. Wolf falls back to the floor.

He didn't wake up.

"Great, he fainted."I said disappointedly. I quietly grabbed the book and flipped to the flashy light page.

"Let's see what you have." I said with a hopeful voice.

Wolf woke up a few minutes later. "Hey, give me that!" Wolf demanded.

He mumbled a few words and I heard things about gender rules and salaries for both genders.

"What does it say?" I ask eagerly.

"Males get paid more than women." Wolf explained.

"How much you say? 15-20 dollars for men and 5-10 dollars for women." he explained.

My jaw dropped and my eyes widened.

"Does this mean that inequality is playing out?" I asked confused.

"Hey what's this fine print way at the bottom right corner?" Wolf asked.

I ran to his room and got a magnifying glass. I hover over it and I never expected this from our Official. "I poisoned all my male candidates to be an Official FOREVER in Alpha because men dominate society, mainly power-hungry in the past. Genders shall be separated for this reason, or else execution will be prominent.". I froze up, jaw dropped, eyes widened. "Grif, you okay?" Wolf asked, waving his hand to my face. I fainted and fell back to the floor.