A Mother's Love

*A81C7's POV*

In my dreams, I dream of many things.

I dream of the horrors I encountered at New Age.

I dream of the friends I have lost.

I dream of the life I could have had.

Mostly, I dream about the future. What I could do, and what I will do with my life.

Sometimes, though, my dreams are not my own. It feels like I am walking through an endless mist, plunging into an endless void, where facts bombard me.

Completely random, mostly useless facts.

Currently, I am in that void. I see that Archer will have two sons, as long as his future remains the same.

I see that Alpha Kim grew up with two sisters, who now no longer speak with her.

I see that some person I do not know named Noel will die in two days, alongside his girlfriend, in a car crash after they drove drunk.

Then, one fact stands out. Amanda is Amanda Forest. She is Nathan's mother.

Many things make much more sense with that fact, her strange emotions, her attempt to remain completely emotionless.

Her husband, Nathan's father, died long ago and she has been distant ever since. Her son's insanity finally closed her off completely.

As I try to move further, to figure out Nathan's current state or possible future, I see that he has not reacted in the worst way one can from a rejected thought. He has not gone completely catatonic, or scratched through his skull pulling out his own brain.

Nathan has not tore his skin off, or died.

As I try to figure out what his specific reaction was, I am jolted awake suddenly.

Glancing around, I see that I am in my own home, and remember that I must now continue my conversation with my friends.

I feel much better, and more healed.

Taking a glance at my injury in the mirror, I see that it is only half the length, and less than an inch deep now. It is no longer bleeding, and should be gone very soon.

Happy with my wounds healing progress, I go out to speak with the others in the dining room.

“Hello,” I say, before continuing and cutting off any person's response, “I will show you now,” I state.

I then teleport behind Mila, leaving my audience astounded. Even those who have already seen me teleport are surprised, and I assume it is something that a person does not simply get used to seeing. I am the only person, as far as I am aware, in the world that can teleport.

“See,” I say, and everyone turns towards me.

“Wow… I was kinda hoping that your weren’t telling the truth but… wow,” Mila says.

“I know, it is unique, but it really is not that impressive. I cannot go long distances, or teleport very often as it is exhausting,” I reply.

“Okay, so why did you lie to the Alphas?” Ryker asks.

“You lied?” Mor questions.

“I gained information, and I did not have any other option. I am sure that most of you have heard about the killings, when everyone turned on the witches and even disclosed their existence to humans. I am also sure that you have heard that all the ancient witches have died. That is not true,” I begin.

“What? Really?” Archer interjects.

“Really. They went into hiding, but the witches were never evil. Some alphas just did not like the idea of a species rivaling them in strength, Alpha Kim and James were instigators of the attacks. I worry that if they knew about me, they would kill me as well. I am not safe here,” I say.

“You can’t leave alone, Ash” Archer says.

“If you’re leaving I’m leaving,” Mor says.

“Where you’re going I’m going,” Jett says.

“We’ll all go. Together,” Mila says.

“Okay. We need to work out our plan, and think about it some,” I say. I then look at AManda and ask, “Can I talk to you?”

She nods, and we move into the kitchen to speak privately.

“I am so sorry, I was not aware that Nathan is your son,” I say to her.

“I didn’t tell you. No one did, Ash” Amanda says.

“I gained that information earlier, but I did not want to speak to you about it at that time. It was not a good time, but we have time to speak now,” I say, knowing that no matter how strong she attempts to look that she loves her son and is worried.

“What did you do to him?” Amanda questions.

“His mind was… a mess. His wolf was not talking to him, at all. His thoughts were delusional and irrational and I tried, I really did, to pull him back. I tried to break through those violent thoughts but I could not, so I placed a thought. I placed the feeling, the thought that he could never hurt another person, that he needed to think and feel with human emotions, but he… he rejected the thought,” I explain.

“What’ll happen?” Amanda asks, doing her best to hide the desperation in her voice.

“People have different reactions, sometimes they claw away at their own skin, or kill themselves in that way… sometimes they just do not eat or drink and die that way, but Nathan has not died. He- I think he is human. I did not know that is possible, and it is hard for even me to believe, but I have gained the information that he is now human,” I say, avoiding eye contact with Amanda out of guilt.

“Look at me. It is not your fault. Nathan was out of control, and he had to be stopped. I still love him, wolf or human. Could he stay with us? I know, I know that it’s a lot to ask, but I just… I want my son to be okay,” She says.

“He is not the same as he was before, his personality, it split… He is going to need a lot of help and support, and helping with that is the least I could do. I am sorry,” I repeat.

“It’s alright dear, you haven’t had an easy life. I will stand by you as you have stood by my son and I, even after all he has done to you,” She says, then leans forward and whispers, “I’m sorry for M14. Maybe n one else could see it, but I know you loved him. I cannot imagine being kidnapped by Nathan, and him attempting to be your mate only a week later. You put on a brave face, but I can see through it. You’re a godsend, honey.”

“You do the same, and I know you feel much more than you show. You can find happiness, even without your mate,” I reply.

We both share a small smile, before returning to the others.

It is time to plan.