You Cannot Fool Someone Thrice

*A81C7's POV*

We successfully make it out of the prison and the building, and are almost to the forest just like the other two times I have escaped from here.

Amanda looks relieved, happy to be out, but also troubled by something, possibly by leaving the pack. She continues running with all of us, but is slower, probably focusing more on her sorrowful feelings than the escape. Despite this she keeps pace, and looks ready to get away from here, from her pack and prison.

The twins seem elated, with some disbelief that they have really broken out. They also seem to have some feelings of distrust towards me, and those feelings are reasonable. They most likely are questioning my motives for breaking them out, since we do not know each other. They will hopefully trust me when I have a chance to explain.

Ryker seems happy to see me, and jovial upon seeing the sky, grass, and trees once again. Most wolves do love nature, especially forests, and he seems to be no exception. He probably cannot wait to run through it.

Jett seems ecstatic to be free, but he does not seem as happy that I am here. I do not believe that it is due to a dislike for me, since he had no such predisposition before, but rather I believe that it is due to him not wanting me here. He would probably prefer if I was safe. He also could possibly feel some guilt, for helping kidnap me only to be broken out of the same prison by none other than his victim, but if he does I will do my best to alleviate that.

I did only arrive save him from the feeling that I should, after some gained information made me feel that way though I am unsure what due to the fact that I only received the feeling, not whatever information it was based off of. It is also not his fault that Nathan made him kidnap me along with Mor and Archer. Nathan is just a horrid wolf and alpha.

As everyone seems to be filled with glee, and we are almost away, everything falls apart. Nothing works out well for me in life, I must have the worst luck there is.

Looking forward, Nathan is standing only a few feet from me, and pack members flank both sides of him. Escape in this situation must be almost impossible for all of us, if not completely impossible, but I will not let these people rot in cells.

Even if we do not make it now, I will get them out. No one will be held captive as an innocent, like I was, as long as I can do something about it. Nathan has no right to have absolute power and authority over these people's lives. He does whatever he wants, based off wild assumptions and accusations, but I will do anything and everything I can to stop that.

So, with my head held high, I take a step forward. I meet Nathan's glare with a look of hatred towards him, no matter how I feel. Nathan looks slightly hurt by this, though he covers the look well.

All I may seem to want may be to run into his arms, to stay with him and love him, I do not. I feel like I need him, like he is mine, but I can also feel something else.

I can feel this divide, it is like a wall that I can sense, between these feelings and others. On one side I love him already, I just want to love him and be accepted by him, to do anything for him for as long as I live, and on the other side my real feelings sit. My real feelings sit behind the others, the feelings of hatred, annoyance, wanting absolutely nothing to do with this man. They lie there, and while the other feelings try as they can, they cannot suppress the real ones.

The feelings of the mate bond cannot squash my real feelings, and they cannot break through the wall into my real feelings.

So, while on one side of the wall Nathan's scent seems to be intoxicating, and all I can think about is apologizing to him and wondering why I ever ran away, I ignore it and retreat. I stay on the real side, thinking of what I really think and feel and ignoring that stupid mate bond and the false emotions it imposes upon me.

On the logical side I linger, glaring at Nathan while he looks at me with love, and preparing myself to do whatever necessary to attempt to get these people away from this tyrant of an alpha.

I prepare my voice, so I can be sure to speak with no trace of weakness or nervousness, and certainly no love, to Nathan.

"Hello, Nathan," I spit out, his name taking on a venomous tone of which expresses the most hate possible towards him, "What would you be doing right now?" I question, my eyes never leaving his.

"I'm keeping you here, you're mine, you know that," Nathan declares, with arrogance and possessiveness clear in his voice.

"No, I actually do not recall ever signing up to be yours, or saying in any way that I would like to be," I respond, pushing that other side with the false feelings further and further away as I speak to him. My dislike only growing and empowering the real side, the real feelings that I have, making them stronger and stronger.

"No, no, that is not true, yo-you just don't know what you're saying, you love me. We're mates, you have to. We're going t-t-to live together, forever, happily," He shouts, wavering and dismissive of the truth.

"No. we. are. Not," I state clearly, "I never wanted a mate, and I certainly have never wanted you," I affirm.

"Yes you do! They, they just took you away from me. They broke us up, but you didn't want to be taken away, you didn't want to leave me! You're never allowed to leave me," Nathan exclaims, not listening to me.

"We were never together, Nathan, and I do not want to be with you. Ever," I explain again.

"No! You love ME! We are in love!! You will never leave me!" Nathan screams desperately.

"I never was with you, we never dated, and I do not love you, I never will," I say to Nathan.

Everyone else seems shocked and uncomfortable, with most questioning what Nathan is doing and probably trying to make sense of this confusing situation. The wolves who were previously blocking our escape now seem to be unsure as to if they should, and do not seem to trust Nathan any longer. The ones I broke out seem shocks, all except Amanda who seem to be even more saddened than she previously was, which is quite odd. I, however, do not have any time to ponder it when Nathan screams another incredulous reply.

"YOU LOVE ME!!" He shouts extremely loudly.

"No, I do not, I love someone else and I am not going to accept you," I clarify to him calmly, as I try to figure out if I can reject him and how I should since I do not really have a name.

Name are important due to the fact that they tie your mind to your physical self, they hold value and meaning to a person, and no matter what a person say about their name it is theirs. They own it, know it, and reply to it. That is why we always wanted names in the lab, but they were not allowed.

I have had a few names, and they all hold meaning. They tie to my past, present, and future, so they should work for a rejection.

"No, no you are not going to do this. You are mine, they took you," He yells, pointing at Amanda, Ryker, and Jett, "From me, but you didn't want to be taken. You wanted me!" Nathan delusionally shouts.

"I, Ash A A81, reject you, Nathan George Forest, as my mate," I state clearly, feeling weird at my own mess of a name but also proud, proud that I have made it this far and that I have one to call my own. I feel something break, and the mate bond side of me feels like it is in extreme pain, but I know these feelings are not real.

Soon enough, all the feelings imposed upon me by the bond are gone, and I feel good. Everyone looks shocked at my reaction to the pain of rejection, but they do not understand. They do not know that I never really loved him and the mate biden was always kept separate from my real feelings, that the mate bond was never able to integrate with my mind and within my real feelings.

The feelings from it always felt foreign and out of place, and all I feel is relief at their removal.

Nathan obviously feels something entirely different, as he is now staring at solely me with unshed tears in his eyes, a look that could kill on his face, and a shaking body. Every muscle looks like it is quivering with rage, and it seems like he could attack at any moment.

I may have been able to survive a lot in my life, but this is different.

I am not willing to allow any of these people to be in harm's way, but I do not know if I can protect them and myself from an alpha wolf with nothing to lose.

That does not mean I will not try.