A Day Off

*A81C7’s POV*

Today, none of us actually have work.

Zac and I do not have border patrol, since they try not to have work more than three days in a row for any given person. They want to be safe, and having bored and over exhausted people watching the border is not helping anyone.

We decided that it would be a good idea to relax and have fun, and now we are all doing just that. We all got ready and left the house for a short shopping trip, which has now been going on for hours though no one seems to mind.

Axel tried on bras at Victoria’s Secret, getting all of us kicked out, the second we got here. We then proceeded to chase eat other around, try on crazy clothes, and eat.

Now we are all actually shopping, for some food and new dishes at the house.

“What the hell?” I hear Axel ask, as I turn to look at what is happening.

When I see, I cannot help but laugh along with the others as we all see Mor trudging down the aisle with her arms full of frozen pizzas.

“Mor, is that necessary?” I ask.

She looks me dead in  the eye and says, “Yes,” before dropping all of the pizzas into the cart, filling it halfway.

“We can always order pizza…” Zac mumbles.

“Well, Archer, do we want a repeat of the last time we ordered out pizza?” Mor asks, actually having a point. Archer’s face pales at the memory of our last kidnapping, and I look at him to see if I need to help him, only to see Zac already, though he does not know what is wrong with Archer, checking on him and making sure he is alright. They are so cute, they just need to get together.

“Good point, grab all the pizza you would like,” I say, and Mila looks at us.

“What’s goin’ on?” She asks.

“Well, the last pizza we got had sleeping medication and wolfsbane in it. Mor ate so fast, she was out for almost 12 hours, and Archer did not have a fun time either,” I explain.

“How about you?” She asks.

“I did not get knocked out. I even convinced the guys kidnapping us to grab our stuff from our house, that is how we showed up here with most of it,” I say.

“Cool,” Axel says, obviously wanting to change the subject from our kidnapping to the candy aisle adjacent to us. I cannot blame him, I have similar thoughts.

“Let’s go get some good food girlie,” Mor says, slinging an arm around my shoulders and walking with me to the candy aisle.

I do not try to move away from Mor’s arm or ask her to remove it as I usually would if someone touched me. I do not really mind having Mor's arm near me, which is quite odd, but I think I like it when she shows affectionate gestures toward me.

We walk over to the candy, and I grab a bag of mixed chocolates. Mor takes a bag of lollipops, something she adores, and the others pick out their candy as well.

After a few hours longer spent shopping, we all come home and collapse in the living room.

We all had a fun, carefree day, and relax for the evening before going to bed.

That is, everyone except me.

I have not been able to relax all day, and it has only gotten worse.

Things are changing, coming, but what is coming I have no idea. All I know is that if it already feels like this it is not good, and it is personal. Something wrong is happening. Very wrong.

And it feels like I have to stop it.

Why me?