What??

*Archer's POV*

I have absolutely no idea what is happening.

Somehow, I ended up running through the woods with some silent human I don't even know, who seems to not care that we're running for our lives. Somehow I got broken out of prison, by some other human I don't know. None of it makes sense.

She knew my name, somehow, and what had happened. She knew I was innocent. No one could prove I was innocent, and no one would want to bother, so how did she know? Why did she rescue me, then leave me to babysit this other girl?

Why did wolves kidnap them in the first place? It simply wasn't done. Ever. It could expose them, it could result in police charges, investigations… stuff that they don't want to deal with. So why?

Most importantly, how did we get out of there at all. I didn't see a single guard or even wolf on patrol after the girl left. What the hell?

This other girl seems almost drugged, but I know she wasn't. I don't smell anything on her, and her reflexes are fine. She's just really calm. Too calm. She did point earlier, making me go the way we are now. I have no idea where we are going, but this girl and her friend did save my life. Somehow. So I won't ditch the other girls friend, it makes sense to listen to her. Actually there isn't much to listen to, since she hasn't spoken. I will, however, go in the direction she told me to.

I wonder what happened to that other girl? I hope she's alright. What was she even doing, leaving us, leaving me with this girl, who apparently doesn't even know about wolves.How did that girl know at all? Humans simply don't know about our kind, it isn't allowed. Ever.

We have been running and walking through the woods for miles, but the pack could still track us. Find us. Escaping seemed too easy, no one even chased us.

We are going slower now, though, as the human girl is tired. It would be nice to know her name, or what the hell is happening.

Suddenly, the girl stops. I try to pull her, but she won't come. Her face is pinched in concentration, or maybe confusion. It looks almost like a wolves mindlink after someone says something excessively weird, but she's a human.

Why does everything keep getting weirder and weirder, can't one thing just make sense?

The girl turns her head, like she's looking around. I try once more to pull her lightly, to get her moving again, but she won't budge.

Then, for the first time she actually makes eye contact with me. There is someone upstairs after all! I was beginning to think she was a robot or something.

I think she could talk to me now. I need to know what's happening, or I might just continue walking to see if she will follow, though that doesn't currently seem like the smart choice. These girls have already done the impossible, and sticking with them a bit longer might be better off for me. That and I want answers on whatever has happened today.

“Hey, let's go” I try, but the girl just looks at me. “Come on, lets keep walking” I say. She then looks at me as if I'm crazy and shakes her head no once.

“Well, what're we doing here then” I ask her, hoping for a response.

“Waiting” she responds, before sitting on a log.

She seems very calm still, and hasn't even complained about staying in the woods instead of being on sidewalks or roads once. I think there's something not right with her.

I decide to just follow her example because, hey, I did what I was told and I'm fine so far. These girls seem like safety magnets. I feel like I always end up in the worst possible situations, getting me in trouble. I have horrible luck, while these girls seem to have the best luck in the world, so hey. I can stay or go, but I think I'll stay. I've already been sentenced to death and banished from my pack.

What's the worst that could happen?