This Time Is Different

*A81C7's POV*

With no other option present, no other idea I can think of, I do one of the most reckless things I have ever done.

With Nathan feet away from Amanda, I dive forward, in hit directly into Nathan's side.

No one expected this, but they are already in such shock and they have no idea what to think.

After they saw Nathan attack, then witnessed my teleportation, they have had quite enough shock for this entire week.

Now that I have knocked Nathan off course and once again distracted him, I have no idea what to do. I know that it is not safe to use my abilities much more, after looking through Nathan's mind along with teleporting, which is already one of the most tiring abilities I have.

I am in such close proximity to Nathan that all I can manage is to scramble away as fast as possible. Nathan has already shook off the shock of my attack, and is now focused once again on harming me.

He dives forward and I dodge the same I had all his previous attacks, but realize all too late that I have made a horrible mistake.

Nathan is not charging forward recklessly, but rather calculatively he has angled his body towards me, in a way I cannot side step.

He is moving too quickly, and I know if he gets to me his hit will be fatal. Even without shifting, he is strong enough to crush my skull or puncture my ribs into my lungs with just one solid strike.

With no time to do much of anything, I reach out with my telekinesis trying to do something, anything, to save my own life.

I grasp onto something attached to Nathan's arms, not even sure of what is it and unable to figure it out with the limited time, and pull it away from me right before I feel a massive impact.

I faintly reach out to Nathan's mind and do the only thing I can to protect everyone, unsure if I will even be alive in a few seconds, and force thoughts of stability, of never harming a soul, and a feeling of deep empathy towards others directly into his mind.

I know it is dangerous, I know the thoughts will most likely be rejected, and I know that it will not be nice at all, but it is the only thing I can do.

I feel my body hit the ground, and pain radiates throughout my entire being.

I feel immense pain in my stomach, and hope that is where I was hit, but I also feel terrible pain in my chest along with my head.

I am unaware as to what state my body is in, or what prognosis I could have, but I do know one thing.

I can see one thing.

Nathan is lying there, clutching his head, screaming, crying, thrashing. It is a horrible, awful, sickening  sight, but I did it.

I stopped him. He is disabled, unable to harm another person.

I am remorseful, never having wished to be forced into the position I was. Never having wanted to have to do that to a person.

But I am also something else. I am relieved. Even if I die, it will be okay. Everyone else will be okay.

I feel my head fogging, and I fight the drowsiness. I do not want to die.

I want to live.

But I have an issue. I know that if this is a concussion, or other physical injury, I must stay awake.

I do not know if that is what has happened to me.

If I feel this way from my extensive use of my abilities, I must do the opposite. Straining my mind any longer could cause my brain to swell, and I would most likely die.

At the lab, they could treat it as long as it did not get too bad, and would sedate us before it did.

But this is not the lab.

I spot Jett approaching, cautiously, as if he is afraid. It hurts that he feels that way towards me, but I also know it is extensively reasonable and I cannot be angry with him.

I weakly reach a hand up, trying to motion him forward, but it falls back down. He sees this and, presumably noticing that I am both injured in need of help and weak so I am not a threat to him, rushing forwards.

He seems at a slight loss as to what he should do.

“What,” I murmur, barely audibly and with much concentration.

He leans closer unable to distinguish my word, even with his wilf hearing. The others I rescued from the prison are also now much closer  but giving Jett space at the same time. I wonder if he enjoys candy. Those who previously did not know me have left, seeking shelter from both their alpha and the girl who can reduce an alpha to the horrid screaming mess he now is. Maybe he used to like pizza. Mor likes pizza. I doubt the pack members  can distinguish who they are supposed to harbor a greater fear towards. I would probably fear Nathan more. He was their alpha. It must be odd to grow up with an alpha. Probably better than I had it. I laugh humorlessly in my own head. That was a weird thought. Why am I laughing in my head? Shit. I really need to get myself together. I see Jett, closer now, and remember I was supposed to say something.

“What injury…” I choke out in a whisper, before stopping to catch my breath as well as attempt to collect my cluttered thoughts.

He does not seem to understand, and I reiterate, “what, injury...me, I, what injury I-I…” I manage, but I once again need to collect my shallow breath.

Luckily, Jett seems to understand.

“Stomach, bruising on your whole side,” He says, lifting my shirt to check the injury.

I attempt to move, having been informed that my injury is internal. As long as I do not have extensive internal bleeding, I should be okay.

“STOP!” Jett yells after I move less than a centimeter.

I halt my movement, and feel much worse. My head is pounding, and I really do hope that I was right to guess it was a concussion.

I look at Jett, and he says in a desolate but panicked voice, “blood, there's so much blood…” Before cringing, then continuing, “There's a huge rock, sharp one. It went right into your side when you landed… the bruising looks different too…” He mutters.

I assume I was correct, it is not my abilities that caused my pain in my head. I have a large amount of bleeding, and I only had lost  enough blood to feel like this once at the lab. It was horrible, and I almost died even with the best care. They hated when good test subjects died. It ruined their data.

My blood must be draining from the bruising out of the wound, and I can only lie here. I have no idea what to do, but I do know that we need to leave. These people need to leave, and I doubt they will without me even if it is only because they need their questions answered.

“Go… Southeast… few miles,” I tell Jett. I can tell he does not want to listen, so I say again, “Go, southeast… can move me off rock and take, just… southea…” I struggle out, the ending becoming a rasp.

I feel like I need to cough, but I know I will only cough up blood. That will startle Jett, so I turn and spit some out instead, out of his view.

Jett stands, then picks me up. It is incredibly painful, but I do not allow that to show. I can only hope I do not die before I can get him to safety.

If I cannot tell him about the other pack, he will have nowhere to go.

I hope I do not die in his arms.

He would never forgive himself.

And I would not wish pain like that upon anyone.