Having Fun

*A81C7’s POV*

We finish the movie, and everything seems much less awkward and quiet now. I learned that Axel, while he can look intimidating, is quite nice. He even takes my side on debates or arguments, such as while I wanted popcorn, Mor and Zac wanted to make cookies. I tried to convince them it would take too long but they would not listen, until Mila and Axel joined my side. Archer did not care since he enjoys both cookies and popcorn, but that is expected. He usually does not care too much about what we are going to eat, and will get his own food without comment if he does not want what we are eating.

We do not really want to watch another movie, so we have decided to play two truths and a lie, which should be fun. I have never played with anyone except Mor and Archer, but I enjoyed playing with them at our old temporary home.

Mila goes first and says, “I am scared to meet my mate, I once ate three pizzas, and I don't like ice cream”

“The first one” Archer says.

“No, the second one, no one can eat that much pizza” Mor votes.

“First” Zac votes.

“First” Axel says.

“The third one” I vote.

“Ash is correct!” Mila says.

“Wait, you're afraid of meeting your mate, why?” Axel asks.

“I just… what if it doesn't work out? What if I don't like him?” Mila responds.

“You're mates, you will like each other. Mates always do” Axel argues back.

“Well what if I like someone that isn't my mate!” Mila yells in a sudden outburst. She seems angry with the entire situation, and to not have meant to say that aloud.

“You… What? You want to be with someone that’s not your mate? Why would you do that?” Axel asks in an incredulous voice.

“No reason, okay, no reason” Mila says, dismissing the topic.

“Okay, how about I go now?” Mor exclaims, breaking the tension in the room. Mor is very good at diffusing tension.

“Good idea,” I agree, not liking the argument occuring, though I do side with Mila. If she likes someone she should be able to be with them without another person showing up an expecting her to automatically love them.

“Hmmmm. Well, I moved out of my parents house at 16, I’ve been drugged before, and I went through rehab” Mor says.

I decide I should probably answer last since I know that the lie is the third one, and I do not want to give everyone the correct answer. That always ruins the fun. She worded it though, so that the first one would seem like the more obviously correct answer, though it is not.

“First one” Mila choses.

“Same,” Agrees Zac.

“Second?” Axel claims unsurely.

“Third,” Archer choses, having probably figured out the second one, knowing it to be true, was supposed to make the third statement sound correct as well.

“Third,” I concur.

“Well, we got that one wrong if both her friends say it’s the third one,” Mila says. Axel and Zac nod in agreement.

“Yup, the third one is a lie” Mor says, then explains as she usually does with her love of speaking, “When we were kidnapped I was drugged up with a bloody pizza, and my parents couldn’t stand that I like girls. They’re stupid. Haven’t even noticed tha’ I haven’t been home in, like, weeks.”

“Wow, they’re assholes,” Axel says, “I couldn’t imagine my parents being like that. They live right in the pack and I see them all the time”

“Lucky” Mor comments in a dull voice. She does not like that her parents are the way they are. I do not think anyone would.

“A, um, Ash I mean, you should go!” Mor says, diverting the topic away from her and her parents.

“Umm, I do not really have much” I try to say, but Mor does not seem to care. She wants me to go.

“No, you go now, c’mon boo!” She begs, and I cannot say no if she really wants me to go.

“Alright, um, I… do not have parents, uhhhh, give me a second?” I say, thinking and then continuing, “I never had an alcoholic beverage, and, um, Mor taught me how to drive”

“Second?” Mor says, seeming to not know what to pick. She seems to think that all of them are true, and e drank together so she knows that the second one is.

“I’m gonna go with the second one too, because of how you called it an alcoholic beverage” Axel says.

“Third” Archer says.

“Third” Mila says.

It seems like no one wants to say that the first one is incorrect, I assume they just do not know what to think of that. Maybe I am not very good at being the person that has to make the statements in this game.

“First,” Zac says.

“Zac is correct. Everyone has parents, otherwise you would not exist! Of course I have parents, and I know them” I say. I thought that I had good statements.

“Why did both you an Archer think she doesn’t have parents? Wouldn’t you’ve met them?” Axel questions, still being a very curious person.

“No reason,” Mor says, “I think I am done with this game now” she decides, and we all agree. It is quite a lot, and this game is much better with close friends.

“What do we do now?” I ask.

“I have to get my work done” Mila says.

“Me too,” Axel says, “You better do your part Zac”

“I will” Zac replies, then Mila and Axel walk away while Zac begins to get up.

“Wait” I say to Zac

“Huh?” zac responds to me.

“What work?” I question him.

“Our jobs? In the pack?” He says, looking at me strangely.

“What pack jobs?” I ask him.

“Basically, everyone has to do something so that all the stuff around here can run smoothly, so you guys have to find your jobs” He says, and I think that is the longest sentence he has spoken that is not part of the game. Actually, probably the longest sentence at all. He is kind of a more quiet type of person compared to Mor and his friends. To be fair, almost any person is a quiet person when compared to Mor so that is not fair comparison, but he is still quiet.

“How do we do that?”

“You talk to Alpha James or Kim” He tells us, before walking away.

“Well, we know their names now. Damn, we didn’t ask ‘em before! That’s super rude” Mor comments.

“Well, oops” Archer says with a shrug, before we walk off to find one of the pack leaders.

We need to go get jobs now, we do not want to get kicked out for not doing everything we should and, as Mor taught me earlier ‘pulling our weight’ in the pack.