Shopping Is Horrible

*Nathan's POV*

When I woke up this morning, I never thought I would end up dress shopping.

I woke up when Clair, my girlfriend, reminded me of a pack get together. Sometimes I hate being alpha, get togethers are so boring, but I have to go. My wolf, Neo, loves the stupid get togethers. We usually aren't on the same page, so I just block him out.

'You always ignore me you stup-'

That's enough of him for today. I don't know how I got stuck with such annoying wolf. We used to get along okay, but it's his fault we don't have a mate. He is just a horrible wolf in general. He can't do the one thing a wolf is supposed to do, find his mate. Bring us out mate.

Clair said she didn't have a dress to wear, and I was gonna just tell her go get one then, but she insisted that I had to approve, that I had to help pick. I don't know why I ever started to date her, she's so obsessed that it's honestly creepy, but she's better than having no luna to watch over the pack and help out so, since we don't have a mate because of Neo, I'm going to have to settle for Clair.

Clair and I are currently in the fifth dress shop, still looking. I honestly thought most the dresses were fine. Clair is smokin' hot and she could look good in almost anything she choose.

Clair is trying on some dresses, and I feel like this day is never going to end. I hope Clair finds a dress soon.

She comes out, and the dress is beautiful. She's spinning so I can see, and the dress is a stunning light purple. It has thin straps the go around her neck, a low scoop neck, and it hugs her body in all the right places, going down to her mid-thigh.

"Whatcha think hon? Is it too much babe?" She questions me. I'm not sure how she thinks that, the dress is simple but hot.

"I think you should get this one" I encourage her. I do like this one.

"That's what you said about the last four! What do you really think?"

"This one is really the one. You look hot as fuck, the others were okay but you should definitely get this one. You change, and I'll go pay." I tell her. The dress is nice and I want to go. We've been shopping too long.

"Alright! Thank you so much babe!" She says, pecking me on the cheek then turning on her heel and walking back to the changing room. That was weird, when she got close... I smelled this scent. Just for a second, but it smelled amazing. She must have a new perfume or something.

After I pay, we begin to walk back to where I parked my car. After we get in, Clair kisses me and we're off, back our house.

When we get home, we start preparing for the get together, having people make food, clean, while Clair and I get dressed. I decided to wear a black tuxedo and gel back my dark brown hair. Clair put on her dress and a bit of make-up, and also curled her strawberry-blonde hair to frame her slim porcelain face.

She looks good. By the look on her face, I must look good too. I turn so I'm fully facing her, and kiss her on the lips. She kisses back passionately, our tongues intermingling with each other. Her hands roam up my chest, feeling me up, while mine explore her body, settling on her breasts. I lightly squeeze them while she moans against my mouth. Damn shes hot as fuck. I break away, kissing down her neck while she moans louder.

Suddenly, I smell that same scent from the shop. It smells really really good, and turns me on immensely. God it smells like-

"Mate mate mate mate!!" Neo screams.

Wait, what?! Clair is not our fucking mate. She can't be. She never was before. What the fuck? Neo must be broken.

"Not Clair you dipshit" Neo says.

What the actual hell?

"The dress. The smell is the dress" he informs.

My mate is not a fucking dress. I don't have an article of clothing for a mate. I fucking can't. It can't happen, can it? No no way. Nope nope nope.

"The dress isn't our mate you absolute idiot. Our mate must've worn the dress. God you're such an insufferable moron you complete-"

Yeah no more from him, he's blocked again. Thank god Clair and the dress are both not my mates. Either one would be... Wrong. Clair is nice, she loves me, I just don't really feel the same way. She's hot, though. And having a dress for a mate? I don't even have to explain why that's completely utterly wrong.

Wait, my mate exists. She's out there. She must be close, she wore this same dress. I can finally find her.

When I find her, she's going to be mine. I need her. She'll be with me forever, in my house, cleaning, cooking for me, loving me, kissing me...

"What's wrong babe?" Clair questions. Shit, I stopped kissing her and just stared at her. I must seem weird. It doesn't matter, I don't need her anymore. I'll wait until after the meeting, though.

"Nothing. I think we should go, people will start arriving soon." I tell her, trying to convince her.

"Okayyy..." She looks at me skeptically. I don't want to deal with this right now. With a peck on the lips for good measure, I turn and leave, Clair following close behind.

Wherever you are mate, I will find you, and we will be perfect together, forever.