{24: Bloodshed}

Jay fell to his knees, letting out a cry of anguish. Pain filled his gaze as he stared at his partners lifeless body sprawled across the floor. Tears streamed down his pale cheeks, the way he felt was indescribable. Jackson had been his partner, his best friend for the past five years. Sure, he had been working for Jiyong but his friendship with Jay was real. The bond they shared was real.

"Now, lets get on with business" Jiyong turned back to Namjoon, who had a look of shock plastered across his face. "Where is my money?" He raised an eyebrow in expectancy.

"Don't give him jack shit Namjoon" Jay snarled, pushing himself up off the floor. Jiyong whirled around, glaring daggers at his brother.

"Shut the fuck up Jay and stay out of my business" Jiyong spat back.

"You made it my business when you shot Jackson" his words had a foul edge to them, cutting through the air in sharp slices.

"He failed me, it was his job to protect you, ever since you left" Jiyong retorted. You could see the two physically squaring up to each other and the pit of your stomach twisted at the uncomfortable tension.

"I left to avoid this shit! I never wanted any of this, I left this life. I just wanted to keep people safe- keep Jackson safe" Jay choked out through his tears, fists balled at his side.

"What and you thought the police force would be safe?" Jiyong scoffed, "how naïve. Pick up a newspaper Jay, cops die all the time."

"Yeah but it was you who killed him. And I'm not going to let you hurt anyone else" Jay snarled, lunging for his brother, fingers curling around the elders throat.

Jiyong let out a choked grunt of surprise as he was knocked backwards, hitting the floor with a dull thud. Jay was perched on top of him, fist drawn back before landing a punch on Jiyongs cheek. He groaned, blood dribbling out the corner of his mouth.

"Get the fuck off of me" he growled, shoving Jays shoulders, bones jolting in their sockets and the younger fell back. No one could do anything but watch, all frozen in place as the two brothers rolled back and forth,fists flying and letting out grunts of pain along with the occasional insult.

Jay shoved Jiyongs shoulders back into the floor, planting a knee in his gut. "Please brother, just give up, please" Jay begged him and for a moment the pair fell still.

"Jay" the elder grunted, his facial expression soft as he stared at his baby brother, "I'm so sorry, really, it kills me to do this"

Jays face fell as he looked at the man he once considered his best friend, his partner for life, the person whom he trusted more than anything. And for a moment he forgot that had changed.

"Then don't do it" his voice broke as he begged his brother to change, to go back to the same boy that used to keep him company in playground, the one who beat up the bullies and always shared his toys. The old Jiyong, the one who would die for his baby brother.

"Goodbye Jay. Please don't forget I love you" he said, expression hardening again. In the corner of your eye you saw his hand, slowly edging away from the pair of them, towards a small silver object.

"Jay- look out" you scream a warning, launching yourself forwards to try get to the two but one of Jiyongs men hooked an arm around you, pulling you back. You thrashed in his grip, still calling to Jay.

But your warning was a little too late. As Jay looked up, eyes meeting yours, Jiyong lifted his gun and pulled the trigger.

Before you could even scream three bullets had embedded themselves into Jays chest. Time seemed to move slowly as Jays grip on Jiyong loosened and he fell to the floor, a dull thud sounding throughout the warehouse.