"Katherine-" I place my hand on Stiles' forearm without taking my eyes off of the cave. He follows my line of sight. Malia had to have been living in there. We have to find Scott.

Stliles and I start to run through the same path. I'm a little bit faster than Stiles so I'm ahead of him. We jump over branches, duck away from branches, and push past branches. The only sound I can hear is my breathing and our footsteps pounding against the forest ground. We continue running until Stiles and I come face to face with Scott. The three of us scream at the sudden sight of each other while Stiles blinds Scott with his flashlight.

As we all begin to calm down, Scott tries to cover his eyes from the blinding light. Long seconds go bye until Stiles finally gets the hint and directs his flashlight away from Scott.

"Oh." He says quietly. I inhale sharply; trying to catch my breath from the running and screaming. I put my hand on Scott's shoulder and he turns towards me while taking in deep breathes of his own.

"We found something." I tell him.

"So did I." Scott says.

Stiles and I walk up the hill next to the huge rock while Scott follows close behind. Stiles and I stop before bending down to look inside the den we, well I, had found. Stiles starts to walk inside and I follow him along with Scott.

"It's a coyote den." Stiles points out.

"Were-coyote." Scott corrects. Stiles walks deeper into the den so of course Scott and I follow. Stiles picks up a blue puffy jacket from off the ground.

"You see this? This is Malia's. Remember, it's the same one she was wearing in the photo." Stiles tells us. Scott and Stiles snuck into Malia's house with the help of Mr. Stilinski. They were trying to see if Scott could catch her scent. Scott reaches over and picks up an old, well-loved, stuffed bear.

"We should leave." I say.

"What do you mean?" Stiles asks.

"She's not coming back now. We just invaded her home. Our smell is gonna fill up this place." I explain.

"If she's not going to come back here, where's she going to go?" Stiles asks.

"I--I don't know." I answer honestly.

"Scott, can you track her now? You think you got her scent?" Stiles asks.

"Maybe. But I'm better at this when I'm a full wolf. And I'm still worried that if I do it, I won't be able to turn back." Scott answers.

"That doors still open." I say in a sigh.

"If I can't get to Derek, we're gonna have to find someone else to help. This is basically a crime scene, right? I think it might be a little out of Deaton's league." Scott explains.

"And more in my dad's." Stiles says.

Me, Scott, and Stiles stand in front of the sheriff car while Mr. Stilinski walks towards us, leaving his deputies by the den.