Dirty Diana: Chapter 27

Chapter 27 

Tuesday

While waiting for the project meeting to start, I casually swiped through the dating app in the corner of the room. There were a lot of women to choose from, but I couldn't bother to message any of them. It wasn't like me to give up this easily on trying to catch a date. Boredom crept into my adventures as soon as I would try again, and I didn't feel like risking having a good time or not. Maybe I should change what I'm looking for because I'm not looking for a commitment. It would be nice to find someone who wants to have casual sex with no expectations for a relationship. 

The closest I got to that was with Elise, but she's shacked up with some physical trainer now. My ex before Elise was a great girl, but she claimed to break up with me because in her eyes "I changed". Sure when I was sure she was fucking her coworker well before we ended. I should have known that the relationship would be a bust. Why? My mom liked her. 

I received a notification in my inbox from Diana. It wasn't strange because I was CC-ed on a thread that she and I had to reply to every once in a while. However, this time her message had nothing to do with the conversation chain. At least, I didn't think so when I initially opened it. When I did, she asked if I had completed my portion of the work. I sighed. Instead of replying to the email, I searched for Diana's name on the company licensed chat messenger and saw that she was online. 

"I can have them done by tomorrow." I sent in a new chat window. 

"Are we falling behind schedule?"

"Just by a day. The demo for the west coast client is coming up, and Pascal wants to rush the fixes. This project isn't a part of the Capex." 

"Okay. Thanks." 

I twisted my lips. That wasn't horrible. Wow, I was taken aback by a healthy interaction. What has my life come to?