Dirty Diana: Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Thursday

Good. 

I spotted Diana about to exit the kitchen as I was entering. Yes, God! She had on nylons.

"Good morning, Diana," I said with a little flourish on her name. 

Proud of the progress I made with her yesterday, I figured that I could finally weasel a non-work conversation out of her. Now, fetching morning coffee wouldn't be as heinous an experience as they've been since she arrived. She couldn't go back to ignoring me anymore, and I admittedly felt vindicated. 

Soon enough, I would know more about the chick who doesn't know how many imaginary loads she's received from me. Well, as I occupied the doorway, she wasn't amused because her consistently dispassionate expression didn't falter. Diana looked at me though-- not at my face but at the k-cup in my fist. 

Pressing my lips into a line, I finally moved out of her way before she stomped from the kitchen with what I assumed to be her hot water. Fuck! I thought we were making progress. While disappointingly waiting for my coffee, I caved and pulled out my phone. I searched for reusable k-cups. What the hell am I doing? I paid an additional six dollars for next day shipping. Probably, I could have gone to the store to find it, but I wouldn't have time because I was going to stay with my mom again and then see my buddies for a couple of drinks tomorrow.

Thank god. I needed to relax and throw back a few beers and shots. I haven't unwound since the start of this month, but it felt like things were sort of looking up. Apart from my personal failure with Diana, my mom reconsidered her living situation. To add to that, my dad finally returned my call and said that I was making the most responsible decisions for her.