Dirty Diana: Chapter 22

Chapter 22 

Tuesday

Well, it's officially over with Elise– I guess. She had a post kissing some dude on the cheek. So what did I do? Of course, logged back into my dating account. I never deactivated it, so there were a handful of messages from some girls who ranged from average to not-my-type-but-I-would-if-I-was-bored. And I was bored.

I messaged this one girl who had a nice body. She messaged me about ten minutes later. I opted to meet her for coffee on Thursday. I don't even like coffee in the afternoons, but it was cheaper than committing to buying her food. She was doing a lot of athletic shit in her pictures so who knows how much she eats? I could split bills with my dates or let them pay, but that makes me uncomfortable. Last year, I stopped seeing a chick because she insisted on paying for her dinner despite me agreeing to that beforehand. I don't know, that's just not the way my dad raised me when it comes to women.

Halfway through the day, this pretty girl I messaged first got back to me. She was free around 7 PM, and I was definitely going to meet up with her for drinks. Girls that want to meet this quickly usually want to fuck, and I wasn't opposed to that notion tonight.

I picked my head up after hearing a light knock. Nothing was playing in my headphones, so I looked up and quickly slid them down. Aretha was smiling with high brows. "Coming to the celebration?"

"Huh?"

"There's cake in the multi-purpose room for the contract we confirmed after seven years."

I followed Aretha out of the office and down the hall to the room, where Pascal had already begun her speech about the trials and tribulations about a project where I had no contributions. I don't like cake either, but I guess I should try socializing.

Of course, I didn't want to slip entirely into the room. I opted to stand in the doorway with a few others who didn't like to be in the thick of it either. My phone vibrated in my back pocket. I smirked knowing it was the cute girl who just replied to my last message. In the room, applause erupted, and Denise moved close to the giant sheet cake to start reminiscing on funny stories that occurred while she and her teammates were out on the field.

Suddenly, Diana needed to snake her way out of the room with her phone in her hand. She put it up to her ear. With dead eyes, she marched out of the room but not before slightly shoulder checking me.

She's out if line. She couldn't say 'excuse me', she couldn't even look me in the face. She's just a waste of a pretty face and hot body. She wants to act like a dude; then I'll treat her like one.